Doing a report on truck driving. Quick Survey

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by truckanon, Nov 18, 2019.

1. truckanon

truckanon Bobtail Member

Nov 18, 2019
    I am writing a report on the rapid expansion of truck driving and truck stops.

I would appreciate it if some of you could take this 5 question survey!

All truck drivers invited to take it!

Truck Stop Questions

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    a good truckstop provides a minimum level of services among other useful things.

If it is a really bad truckstop it wont matter a whit if it is covered in corporate signs or not. In fact if a chain is a known bad chain, just having those signs is a liability because you will never get the drivers who were burned to stop there.

Truckstops in my time were true full service facilites with many staff and we wanted for nothing. Today's truckstops are not focused on the driver, but the corporate bottom line.

Auctioneer Thanks this.
  4. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    I did not take the survey, because I have not been otr and haven't even seen what I call a truckstop in several years, so really can not say much about rapid expansion in the industry.
    I will say their is a difference in truckstops and fuel stops and you have them lumped together.
    I will also say from reading on here, most of any rapid expansion is in fuel stops, not what I call a fuel stop.
    I will also say I think that the big truckstops, aquiring the other big truckstops chains is not a good thing usually.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  5. Cowboyrich

Cowboyrich Road Train Member

Dec 11, 2017
    Dayton, Washington
    No survey for me either, I'm not a driver but put on 100K miles per year in a service rig and traveling construction so I've used more than 1 "truckstop" (I drag doubles, its easier) but what is called a truck stop now is not 1 in my mind. Tourist attraction seems more fitting, just looking at who's there that are tourists.
    I used to like Burns Brothers.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  6. mustang190

mustang190 Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Florida Panhandle
    When you have to ask where the oil or marker lights are and you have to wade through all the Chinese trinkets and assorted crap, it’s not a truckstop.

7. LoboSolo

LoboSolo Heavy Load Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Highway 20
    X2 on mustang190's post.

Most of my stops are for 3 things: Fuel, clean my windshield, and take a leak. And to be able to do that in less than 15 minutes. If one of those things are missing, I will never be back. Ever.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
  8. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    I took it and gave my opinions....most of which the megas wont like .

9. Odin's Rabid Dog

Odin's Rabid Dog Heavy Load Member

May 6, 2018
    NW MT
    I don't understand the last question. What does it mean is truck-driving getting less personable? What does that even mean?

10. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018
    could be referring to steering wheel holders who are basically anonymous. I’m guessing drivers knew each other back then, CB was in all trucks and so on and so forth. Could be wrong but I get a feeling that’s what it means.

bzinger and Odin's Rabid Dog Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.