Dollar General dedicated out of meridian Mississippi

Discussion in 'Averitt' started by Drpparker95, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Drpparker95

Drpparker95 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2017
    Meridian mississippi
    I have some questions about the position

chopper103in Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    I don't see any questions posted.

(Is this another missing 1/2 the post, @OLDSKOOLERnWV ... did you punk me again??)

@Drpparker95 the Dollar General dedicated routes (doesn't matter the DC or stores) .. has been beaten to death on TTR. I've never driven one, and even with almost 20 years experience, don't know that I would.. then again, I'm old(er) and not that "physical" anymore.

What exactly do you want to know??? It might help others help you, with the actual "questions." Not being shizzy, just IMHO.

ps: Doesn't matter WHO the carrier is for the Dollar stores; it's my belief that it's pretty much the same, across the board. A Werner guy does my local dollar store, and I feel sorry as heck for him, with a triple-serpentine to get into the dock. Almost like gymnastics on 18 wheels. That's probably why it pays rather well; not many a guy / gal can hang with it, without a preventable or a heart attack.

Maybe @TROOPER to TRUCKER can put his $ 0.02 in? I don't think he did Dollar during his tenure, but then again, not sure. Be safe, either way!

G'day~!

4. Drpparker95

Jan 2, 2017
    Meridian mississippi
    Sorry about that. Im not feeling too good so i gues i just forgot to post the questions. I used to work at a dollar General and ive seen them deliver multiple times even helped unload the truck once. Im mostly internship in just general things about averitt not necessarily the dollar General account. I know how that goes since i used to work for a dollar store

chopper103in and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  5. flybynight12

flybynight12 Medium Load Member

Jan 10, 2015
    slc
    type
    averitt into the search bar in the top right corner of the page the first post is averitt and the Dollar general account

chopper103in and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  6. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    Floundering around in a van during Mississippi summer is gonna be a real treat. :biggrin_2554:

7. Drpparker95

Jan 2, 2017
    Meridian mississippi
    How is averitt equipment

8. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    http://www.averittcareers.com/facilities-and-equipment

all your questions, and then some. Too much micromanagement for me, personally, but... if you are considering reefer, why not check out Freymiller??? @Chinatown has the scoop on them. T 2 T isn't replying for some reason, but he worked for them for a bit.... look up his profile, and read his posts.

Heck, TransAm has some of the BEST equipment.... and ..... you'll sit in it for "long time" waiting for the next message on the QC...

Many of us are here to help; sorry you're not getting the expected replies... I've never worked there, known a man or 2 that has.

9. chopper103in

chopper103in Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Crossville,Tn
    I got 19 months on the DG account, what do you need to know?

10. Drpparker95

Jan 2, 2017
    Meridian mississippi
    First of all g13 im thankful for whatever you guys can tell me. Even if its not first hand experience. Now chopper 103 what can you tell me, miles, hometime, and equipment

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  11. chopper103in

chopper103in Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Crossville,Tn
    i have been off the account for almost 2 years now
    I worked out of Scottsville, Ky so the mileage may vary from dc to dc
    I know that DG has built and is building more DCs
    in Scottsville we averaged 1500 to 1700 miles a week , DG delivers Tuesday through Saturday and always picked up my Tuesday trailer on Monday evening and was at the first stop that night for morning delivery

you will get home on Saturday and leave out on Monday pretty much every week
    Averitt trucks on the dedicated accounts are usually newer trucks and kept updated , when I started I got a new Prostar
    Dollar General upgrades their trailers often so that's good. All DG trailer breakdown calls is handled by Werner breakdown and can be a little trying on your patience but I always got breakdown pay when it happened

one thing for sure is you will earn every penny you make
    I made about 60k /yr so it wasn't to bad

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.