Dollar General out of Fulton MO

Discussion in 'Werner' started by BlackThought, Aug 22, 2016.

1. BlackThought

BlackThought Medium Load Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Memphis,TN
    Anyone on this account ?

What is the home time, and yard like? I'm training in scottsville,ky

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FireFighter_02

FireFighter_02 Light Load Member

Mar 28, 2014
    Keystone heights, fl
  4. BlackThought

Jul 22, 2014
    Memphis,TN
    Too little too late.

I hate being here. I really do.
    Long story short. If you live south of MO (Im in Memphis TN) Don't plan on being routed remotely close to home on your home loads.The closest they have gotten me to home is 5.5 hours. I drive 6 hours just to get here, which is fine. But I shouldnt have been signed on here when they cant get me close to home and i have to shut down before making it home saturday and then be a day behind because im out of hours to do my 34 on time.

If i wasnt for the 650 tuition reimbursement id leave honestly.

5. FireFighter_02

Mar 28, 2014
    Keystone heights, fl
    I'd leave anyway. How long have you been there? Werner sucks ### man. I drove their DG freight out of alachua, Florida. I was home every weekend and some during the week ( wasn't supposed to) luckily my wife picked me up lol. Until they deceide not to pay me for most of my loads and did some other things

6. bamamac

bamamac Medium Load Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Alabaster,Alabama
    Have a hard time believing your pay problem was all Werner fault

7. FireFighter_02

Mar 28, 2014
    Keystone heights, fl
    I submitted all my trip envelopes on time as I was supposed to, even had my fleet manager confirm it was done correctly...so I don't know what I did wrong if anything

8. 618trucker

618trucker Bobtail Member

Nov 19, 2013
    Saint Louis
    I know you hate being here but what is the money like on DG out of Fulton, Mo. I live in the St. Louis area so would they be able to route me home?

9. BlackThought

Jul 22, 2014
    Memphis,TN
    Should probably delete that post. After a few qualcomm messages asking why im not getting routed close to home, and talking with safety(dont know if he relayed the message) but ive been getting close to home. Usually less than 2 hours after my last unload.

Youll be home with no problem. I live in Memphis,TN. So i don't see why you would have issue, theres plenty of stores in MO that are all coming from that DC so thats not something id stress about.

As far as the money , it depends on your efforts, the loads from your FM,the readiness of the store, and the quality of the parking lot you'll be unloading in. a thousand piece delivery at store A and B might take 2 hours to complete. But you get to bum #### ville with a crap parking lot and suddenly you realize you've been there for 3 hours. And of course the weather affects you, or atleast me.

Anyhow here are some of my numbers. Keep in mind. Some weeks are bad some are ok.Im listing gross numbers because of state differences. Im not claiming any dependents for some dumb reason.

Gross Earnings
    $884 .50
    1718 miles

$498.40
    880 miles(i requested sim training in omaha, only did 2 loads this week)

$1851.11
    3018 miles(I didnt submit my paperwork for the week, so this is 2 weeks gross)

$1120.72
    1591 Don't know wtf i did to get this much a week but i think there were a lot of stops

$863.54
    1138 miles

$1537.67
    2154miles (2 weeks, i have habit of waiting to submit paperwork and then forgetting)

The thing that sucks about this account is that theres more variables than there should be that affects your money. Get to a store and they dont want you to unload because its 2 hours from closing, but you'll only take 90 minutes at the most? Tough ####. No uboats and they dont have empties? tough ####. Rolltainer filled with Libbys canned food or water? tough ####.

Im gonna stick this out for my family, and them go to flat bed.

618trucker Thanks this.
  10. CoastalNC

CoastalNC Bobtail Member

Nov 5, 2014
    Your weekly gross earnings you'd be better off looking into local work. Fingerprinting the load for the same amount of gross pay, and home every night. Get in with the right company and you can make even better $, hard work but running the $ Gen account you're used to it.

11. BlackThought

Jul 22, 2014
    Memphis,TN
    Already off the account. Not worth the risk or low pay. Doing home daily account making a whole lot less. But in two months I'll have 6 months solo. Will be looking for someone else to take me on. There's a flatbed company that told me to call em back at 6 already

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.