Don’t give a two week notice to Schneider National or they terminate you that day and take away all,

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Hardwoerman, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Hardwoerman

Hardwoerman Bobtail Member

Dec 22, 2018
    By doing the right thing by giving a company two week notice I was terminated and they stoles my 3,000 I had in vacation time earned. They don’t care about the driver only their pocket book .

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Gdog66223

Gdog66223 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Coal Town
    And that is why I work for myself. If I get mad then no one to blame but me

4. line

line Medium Load Member

Dec 28, 2017
    By state law they have to pay out your vacation . Contact your local department of labor , local to your home city. File unemployment immediately with back dates . And never give notice to a transport company , return your equipment to a terminal in ‘ as received ‘ condition , turm in the keys and give verbal notice to dispatch , have your gear ready and a ride available

5. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    only a few states have such laws, the color chart clearly shows that.

also, if it's in an contract the company has or policy, this may be refused as well..

There is no federal law governing if and when accrued vacation must be paid when an employee leaves his or her job. However, most states require payment of unused leave under certain circumstances.

Will You Be Paid for Unused Vacation or Sick Time if Fired?

6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Lesson. (Not for you specifically but to anyone.)

If you already mentally yourself in your heart decided to take this trucking job and shove it. Move all of your money from company fuel card, comdata account etc out quietly into a bank account strictly under your control or cash.

Then arrange to ship what you cannot carry in one carry on to the bus, plane, train, rental car etc. Get it all out of the truck.

Do arrange to drive by the company ternimal... This is VERY IMPORTANT...

ACT NORMAL. The moment you are out of that truck, trailer dropped, WALK INTO HR and turn in your truck cards, papers etc, and give notice effective immediately.

Get yourself off the property quietly. Get going. Hopefully you have a new orientation next monday Or whatever.

By the time your company understands they have lost you, there is nothing for them to "Take" "Grab" claim that you abandoned (Already in yard cleaned out, documented etc) and one little Macro message of resignation of qualcomm makes it done and done. You are already riding your car off the property.

There is nothing as resounding and absolute as a trucker who has been good, made a effort and so on and QUIT with such irrevocable and quiet acts. Done and done. And gone.

If the company is WORTH ANYTHING at all, they will call you. If they wish to talk, be nice and talk. Whatever the problem that caused you to quit will be possible to fix.

Don't make a scene. Just go quietly into the night out of the company yard gate. You absolutely quit.

If you feel really strongly, you might use the last two minutes of your time on company property to properly and diplomatically tell so and so what to do with the job. (And shove it) Since you already quit and done everything according to policy so and so has no power over you anymore, no longer your supervisor, boss, company officer etc just another civilian.

7. line

line Medium Load Member

Dec 28, 2017
    Thanks for the note . Utah is one such State , I’ve had no different experience

8. buddyd157

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    i think it might even depend on the state in which the company is located in, and i think Schneider is located in Wisconsin, and they may very well go by Wisconsin laws, no matter where the employee actually lives, as the paychecks would be generated from the home office?

now checking the color codes chart, Wisconsin may pay out time, IF a contract exists.....

i am not sure there was/is any contract between the driver and the company...

9. buddyd157

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    in the future, take the time off FIRST, then quit.....take all that is owed you...

10. line

line Medium Load Member

Dec 28, 2017
    That’s my question , also . Is law domiciled by company residence or by personal residence ? I knew a guy at Jack B Kelley who wrecked his bike on the way to work and got 300k in workers comp ( he was a tank driver ). JBK claimed he owed them 30 percent of that per Texas state law , his attorney successfully argued they weren’t entitled to a penny as he was a resident of Arizona and the workers comp laws didn’t award the company any rights to
    I knew a guy who received 300 k in workers compensation at Jack B Kelley and the company claimed they were owed thirty percent under Texas labor law, fortunately he had a good attorney who saved all his money - fees from his domicile of Arizona

11. Robert Eroica Dupea

Robert Eroica Dupea Light Load Member

I did all of these things and they soon called wanting me back. So important to go cleanly and quietly. I even typed up a long letter beforehand stating why I was leaving, and thanking them. GI'd my truck before I locked the door as well. Cleanly and quietly.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.