Don't bother unless Deadcatied account

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by jayrow, Nov 23, 2007.

1. jayrow

jayrow Bobtail Member

Nov 23, 2007
    denver,co
    Bad luck,

There otr lack miles. Sit on weekends and they don't run solo east and west only north and south. Also the four times they said they honor my home request aka west they repower the load and sent me back to the east cost. Park there truck in GA termainl which was a little to good for them.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LaPurr

LaPurr Light Load Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    Its pretty much true. North and South, usually coming out of a rail yard or drop yard. They really like to push the home time thing, see how far they can bend ya. Simple truth is, dont let them bend ya. Remind the dispatcher you have home time on whatever date, and usually you will get a "we are working on it" response. Tell them you want to talk to the fleet supervisor as "im working on it" isnt a good answer. I never had problems with home times after that.

And yes, their dedicated runs are the way to go. Otherwise you will get no miles, alot of rail runs, dropping good runs at drop yards for teams to take when the load runs out of time, etc. Logistically, this company needs to get its act together. Dedicated wise, they do really well.

4. durrty

durrty Light Load Member

May 10, 2008
    east
    over all would you reccomend this company for a newbie ? how long do you stay with a trainer and what a the c.p.m for newbies.any replies would be appreciated

5. LaPurr

LaPurr Light Load Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Brighton, CO

Would I recomend this company? Yes and no. I love driving the automatics, but if you havent driven a stick befor, it might be a worthwhile venture to drive a standard for a year or 2. I didnt, and I can still drive a stick, but driving also came quite naturally for me. If you dont think that will bother you, I would recomend them, but find a dedicated route in your area ASAP. Most companys are now putting most of their freight on the rail, which means less miles for you. Dedicated runs dont work like that.

ScooterDawg Thanks this.
  6. bartage

bartage Bobtail Member

Apr 27, 2008
    buffalo newyork
    dose us expess actuly back up all their clams

7. doubledragon5

doubledragon5 Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2008
    Lewisville TX
    If their like most companies then I would say NO..

8. LaPurr

LaPurr Light Load Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    I would first ask what their claims are befor answering that one.

9. Capt. T-Rucker

Capt. T-Rucker Bobtail Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Ocala, FL
    I am going to school through Roadmasters soon and UsExpress is most likely going to be my "pick of the litter" Outfit (due to my wonderful options as a nubie and location). What's everyone's thoughts on my chance of getting a Dedicated Route straight off the trainers truck? Is there anything I can do to better my chances (maybe get it in writing before I start)? They say on there sight that they have Dedicated Routes for Home Depot in N.C. FL which just happens to be where I live (before I start anyway). Also if there are any companies that you could recommend I look into, that will take someone fresh out of school from the N.C FL area, please p.m. me. -Thanks-

10. LaPurr

LaPurr Light Load Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    Baack Thanks this.
  11. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    Read the other threads about newbies finishing orientation and being sent home for weeks to wait for an available trainer .
    There is no security in dedicated accounts . The customers are always taking bids on these accounts and will drop one carrier if another bids lower .

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.