Dont Buy International

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by ringmaster88, Jul 19, 2013.

1. WitchingHour

WitchingHour Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Broomfield, CO
    Don't know much about their road tractors, but their vocational trucks really suck.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. vhughes

vhughes Medium Load Member

Aug 13, 2012
    alabama
    Are you talking about a prostar? I like the look of them but never driven one.

4. vhughes

Aug 13, 2012
    alabama
    what company are you with now? That a good looking Pete you got there.

5. vhughes

Aug 13, 2012
    alabama
    Are you talking about a prostar? I like the look of them but never driven one.

6. vhughes

Aug 13, 2012
    alabama
    What company double work for now thats a good looking Pete you got there.

7. vhughes

Aug 13, 2012
    alabama
    what company are you with now? That a good looking Pete you got there.

8. vhughes

Aug 13, 2012
    alabama
    What company double work for now thats a good looking Pete you got there.

9. DrtyDiesel

DrtyDiesel Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Jacksonville, FL

I work for Lonestar Transportation out of Ft. Worth, TX

vhughes Thanks this.
  10. pcfreak

pcfreak Heavy Load Member

Apr 22, 2007
    Alberta, Canada
    Internationals are not bad trucks. I drove the smaller vocational ones and it was like driving a big car sometimes. I then drove 9900i units for three years. They were more like a workhorse, but they had decent room in the sleeper. Before I left that company, they put me in one of the newer lonestar units just after it had a new engine put into it. That was a nice comfortable truck. Tons of room in the sleeper. I only once drove a prostar and that was between the 9900i and the Lonestar.

They seem to be a cheaper truck, but they get the job done real well, and that's the bottom line.

11. pupeperson

pupeperson Light Load Member

Jun 9, 2013
    My first truck was a 1965 F/L cabover w/ a 318 cut back to 290 (60 injectors instead of 65's) and a 10 speed direct, 4:10's and 20" tube-type tires on cultivator wheels w/ worn out spacers and wedges. Million plus miles. Bostrom spring-ride seat, , roof mount a/c that didn't work but leaked like a sieve when it rained (this was in western OR where it rarely stops). 4 mpg no matter how you drove it. Would do between 14 - 15 mph up the Siskyous. Much better after an overhaul and set of 70 injectors (340 hp then) but still had to downshift when it got to 1800 or so. Straight pipes w/ a set of glass-pack mufflers. Needless to say, it'd talk to you, and when it was talkin', no need for anybody else to say anything, as you couldn't have heard 'em anyway. Maybe that's why it was radio-less.

Oh yeah, it was a 3 axle w/ maybe a 30 inch bunk and a wheelbase of maybe 140-150" and spring ride -- not taper-leaves, stacked. To say it was rough, well there's rough and then there was that ol' F/L. Had a lot of good times in that truck.....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.