DON'T DRIVE FOR MABE TRUCKING EDEN NC

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by kruger123, Aug 25, 2016.

1. kruger123

kruger123 Bobtail Member

Aug 25, 2016
    OTR drivers beware of Mabe Trucking. This company systematically discriminates against drivers, and favors the 'good ole boys'!!! The backhauls are horrible, safety record will hurt you in court, they hire violent felons, and have several drivers being fired for drug use. They do not listen to you, and will ignore your complaints. Maintenance doesn't support you OTR- 'Can you drive it to a truck stop?' mentality. Wait, wait, and more waiting at customer backhauls. This company is also not organized, and they pre-plan their 'favorites'. If you have any other options, take them because you will not be happy and rolling at Mabe for long. Don't waste your valuable time.

Need4Speed Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dryver

Dryver Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Life lesson: Drivers with the longest tenure will always get the better loads.
    I always ask my drivers: Can you make it to a truck stop? Who wants to pay a $800 tow?
    I pre-plan my favorites. Favorites = on time, all the time & don't trash my equipment.

I don't know this company but your complaints are systemic to the trucking industry. Once you are a Sr driver with tenure at a company you will love the system. Trust and respect is earned over time. Why should you get the same loads as a driver that has put in a lot of years with a company and earned his place.

How do you know the safety record will hurt you in court? Why were you in court?

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  4. AM14

AM14 Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2015
    Jefferson Twp. NJ
    Isn't it a good thing that they are firing the drug users? Most backhauls do suck. At least the ones I do are usually open appointments so getting worked in can take some time. Also, what do you mean when you say they discriminate against drivers?

5. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    But their trucks are red!

ncmickey and kruger123 Thank this.
  6. Luse

Luse Medium Load Member

Nov 8, 2010
    Middle of nowhere Montana
    And I have been told red goes fast....

Lonesome Thanks this.
  7. firemedic2816

firemedic2816 Road Train Member

May 14, 2016
    Walton Kentucky
    Another one hit wonder...This section of the site is getting more 1 hit wonders the Casey Kasem's Top 40 Countdown in the 80s & 90s

8. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    Thnx for info Kruger...
    Keep your head up, wish you well on your next job
    .... Good companies are hard to find but there are still a few out there
    We will keep praying for the US

truckerman75103 Thanks this.
  9. DustyRoad

DustyRoad Road Train Member

Feb 23, 2011
    Gulf of Mexico
    Another disgruntled former employee.....

I usually stay out of this forum, same story by the same kind of driver.....the one who thinks the grass is better somewhere else only to find its the same grass everywhere.

Maybe the problem is not them but the fact that these companies all use the same model. Pick up and deliver freight.

What some drivers want is to be a part of something, a team and then find they are just a cog in the machine....it is all about the service to the customer.

I worked for a small fleet with 10 trucks.....it was the only way to get away from the qualcomm and big brother Spyware.

Made decent money and was home every 8- 10 days for three days off.

Lonesome, CrappieJunkie and LindaPV Thank this.
  10. stevep1977

stevep1977 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Chicago, IL
  11. Grouch

Grouch Road Train Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Between here and eternity
    From having run in and out of Eden for the last several years, I heard some horror stories on Mabe, enough to make me realize that I would never come close going to work for them.

Need4Speed and sdaniel Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.