Door knockers at Truck Stops

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Kenworth6969, Sep 21, 2022.

1. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Lop I know it...I was clowning around. Door knockers provide some good entertainment, unless they interrupt action with the mistress

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Plantfoam

Plantfoam Medium Load Member

Aug 18, 2015
    DFW
    I shake my head no and don't roll down the window...never give anyone an opening

4. MacLean

MacLean Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2017
    Invite one in and then you’d have one hell of a rodeo.

5. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    Let me come at this from another angle......I tend to err on the side of compassion. I dont think Ive ever turned down someone asking me for food or money. Its probably one of my best investments ive ever made. Is there times when I thought someone wasn't being honest....Oh sure. have I had some interesting conversations and prayed with and for some wonderful people...I sure have. It also has to do with your surroundings. I understand there is a different need when im parked on Fulton Industrial in Atlanta vs. when im parked in Asheville NC.

As far as knocking when im sleep, ive never in over 20 years answered the door.

6. Capacity

Capacity Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2019
    Neenah Wi
  7. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    "Are you a Jehovah's Witness?"
    They answer no. At this point I put on a big smile and say "Would you like to become one?"

And one time I had a very belligerent lot lizard who just didn't want to take no for an answer. I figured that threatening to call the law on her directly would just aggravate her even more, so I said "Look I know you're an undercover cop, so if you don't leave me alone I'm gonna have 'em send your sergeant out here and fill out a report for you harassing me."

8. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

I only had door knockers back in the 1990s. I don't remember any since then. I ignored them if I was already in the sleeper. I never heard of anyone getting their truck damaged by not answering a knock on the door. There's a difference between a door knock from a lot lizard and a panhandler and a door knock letting you know your truck is on fire.

nikmirbre and Boondock Thank this.
  9. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

The sign I've seen is "Trespassers will be shot. Survivors will be shot again."

Sirscrapntruckalot and Boondock Thank this.
  10. Boondock

Boondock Road Train Member

Jul 20, 2019
    " No trespassing prosecutors will be violated"....lol
    That's what me and my brother painted on an old shed we turned into a fort when we were kids. My dad has a picture of it somewhere.

11. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    I had a buddy that had a lot lizard knock on his door once. He cracked the window and she asks if he wants company. As he gets ready to turn her down, she rips a nasty fart and it stinks, and the aroma hits his nose but that didn't deter her from trying to hustle lol.....she says this legendary line:

"The fart stink but the p ussy clean....let me in!"

She is not even trying to hear the word no. She's yanking on a door handle that's locked before he had to tell her to get the hell away from his truck! Lmao

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.