Doors unlock when I pop parking brake

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by 4wayflashers, Aug 25, 2021.

1. 4wayflashers

4wayflashers Medium Load Member

Mar 14, 2014
    Why would anyone want both doors to unlock every time you pull the parking brake. Ive cycled through all the dash setting and can’t believe this can’t be disabled. Anyone know if there’s a fix for this?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. InTooDeep

InTooDeep Donner party survivor

Jan 17, 2016
    Carmichael CA
  4. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    This is a body controller feature that can be turned off, but you would need to see someone with Diamond Logic Builder software to make that change.

baha and 4wayflashers Thank this.
  5. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    Sounds like one of those silly fleet or manufacturer assumptions. I don't guess they realize people might need a little security whether the brake is on or off?

Kind of like that Freightliner thing where the horn sounds off anytime you open a door in gear. There are actually situations where you need to open a door for a second, to see what's around you when backing for instance (not all the time but sometimes it helps).

4wayflashers Thanks this.
  6. 4wayflashers

4wayflashers Medium Load Member

Mar 14, 2014
    Thanks Heavy D. I guess I’ll get used to having to hit the lock button to lock passenger side them climbing down and manually lock driver door with key. It’s just another glaring example that whoever designs these trucks have never driven a truck, never mind ever driven OTR.

I had a Pete once that had a door lock button in the sleeper. How its not standard in every sleeper truck is beyond me. What would it cost, $3.00 ?

Magoo1968, Heavyd and baha Thank this.
  7. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    4wheelers do it, too. Put it in park and all the doors unlock. Difference is they come with a key fob. Would be nice if locking the door with the key locked both doors.

8. Magoo1968

Magoo1968 Medium Load Member

Mar 18, 2021
    St Malo mb
    I always lock my drivers door with key . I sat outside a truck stop one minus 45 night trying to thaw out a frozen lock . I had washed truck earlier in the day when it was way warmer. If it don’t lock with key I can’t get locked out lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted