DOT CLOWNS

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by D.Tibbitt, Jun 22, 2021.

1. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Why is montana and idaho DOT such clowns?

These bozos set up a portable inspection on 200 westbound today , obviously because they have nothing better to do. Not to mention they were set up on the eastside road in a pullout where u had to cross over a double yellow , no turn lane nothing, on a 2 lane highway with a 70mph speed limit. So dangerous. And they were only pulling over westbound . WTF?

Guy gives me a level 2 but wont give me any paperwork that says i had a clean level 2 . i asked him why they wont fill out the frickin paperwork ? just doing inspections for nothing? wasting drivers time? If ur gonna do a level 2 on me and say im clean then i want my freaking paperwork so i can get it into my company so it shows i had a clean inspection. That #### is worth its weight in gold.

He wouldnt budge and I started to argue with the dude and he said he was gonna give me a level 1 if i didnt get back in my truck . i said go ahead buddy ! You aint gonna fill out paperwork for it so whats it matter ? "Just go driver , before i change my mind !"

Idaho DOT are an absolute joke and montana is the same if not worse, they should be ashamed of their actions and the #### they constantly pull up here. It is nothing but constant harrasment from these ### clowns. 8 inspections last year but they only fill out paperwork for 6 - ive had 4 inspections this year but only fill out paperwork for 1...every single inspection ive had has been clean except 1 last year ..they are always pulling me over for no effing reason other than to say hi and check my fuel.. Or setting up portables just to harrass drivers. Last year i got pulled over and asked for my oversize permit when i had a legal load ! Wtf kind of crack are these guys smoking?

I take the back highways to get away from these fools and get around the scales, but they are always thinking they are funny with their portable nonsense.

You guys ever deal with this kind of harrassment anywhere else?

Last edited: Jun 22, 2021
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MTN Boomer

MTN Boomer Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2019
    It is not unusual to see them out in the farm country, during harvest. Glad I was on route.

4. D.Tibbitt

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Do u run up in this area? Im curious if others have bad luck in this area as i do. Im not sure what i do to attract attention to myself. My buddies that run up here say they havent been inspected in years..... I dont mind inspection, i take care of my equipment even know it always is covered in mud and dirt and doesnt look pretty. But when they wont even fill out paperwork after a well deserved clean inspection, it is frustrating. That paperwork helps my company safety score and myself as a driver having alot of clean inspections...

That is the frustrating part that they dont understand and god forbid u ask them to do their job correctly and they throw their badge right in ur face.

5. austinmike

austinmike Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Missouri
    All tge dot guys I’ve encountered have been professional. Well except for that one ####### at tge West bound scale on eye 70 east of Columbus oh hi oh.

Had my first level one few weeks ago here in Missouri. Real nice guy.

6. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    Montana never used to be bad until the oilfield boomed. They closed some of their smaller permanent scales, hired more officers, and put them in pickups to roam around Eastern MT. Then the oilfield died but all those people had to justify their job. So now they cruise around in their pickups and give people grief.

I came out of the Big Hole once and Idaho was set up on top of Lost Trail in the parking area. I asked them what would happen if they found violations because I came over Chief Joseph from the Big Hole and was never in Idaho. They said the top of the pass is a “gray area”. Lol

7. MTN Boomer

Feb 4, 2019
    Idaho stopped me at a pull off. As soon as they ran the # s, and found out the company owed them some permit money, they lost interest in me and the truck. When they got the past due, I was gone.

8. Final Drive

Final Drive Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2015
    Hey D.
    Wait till you meet the one that tells you "Did anyone tell you to get off the truck "

9. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Montana dot has been a bit of a joke ...when I worked for a guy in Townsend mt they showed up to audit him .
    He told them get off the property and they never came back .

10. slow.rider

slow.rider Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2017
    NYC
    I got blasted in Ohio this morning. Worst inspection ever. Six violations, including first time OOS, for a inch long scuff on one of my airlines. Apparently the intermodal bumper on my recently acquired reefer chafes against the hose in tight turns.

11. D.Tibbitt

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    My smart mouth would have something to say about that . probably an old man . its always an old man. Sadly the young DOT guys are always the most respectful and professional . atleast in my experience.

12. MTN Boomer

Feb 4, 2019
    Not as much as a few years ago. Rolled across the scale going westbound.out of North Dakota, None of the other trucks stopped, I was going the same speed, got the around back sign. Proceeded to yell at me for going to fast across his scale. I didn't say anything. He checked the truck and permit and let me go.That is why I stop before pulling on the scale.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.