DOT compliance with box truck - DE and MD

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by outoftheatticde, Oct 19, 2018.

1. outoftheatticde

outoftheatticde Bobtail Member

Oct 19, 2018
    Hello, I am so in need of help navigating the DOT compliance requirments. I have a small antique store and got a great buy on a box truck-now I know why.. Its a 2003 Chevy Express with a box body, 12000 lbs. dual rear wheels. According the FMCSA, I had to get a DOT code. Once I did that I was bombarded with emails and phone calls about stuff I need to do. this truck gets moved maybe once a month and goes under 20 miles one way. My store is in Delaware but we are only 11 miles from the Maryland state line and go to auctions in Md. We registered the vehicle under the company name and have commercial insurance on it. I'm trying to be compliant, but I don't know what compliant is. I am thinking i need the code, I need a safety inspection and that's it. I would very much appreciate some guidance from the experts.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Partial teasing, but more serious than anything here.

PDF (Use Adobe Acroboat reader OR Invade when it does including good quality software such as Open Office.org.)

Commercial Vehicle Enforcement Division

It is fortunate you are a small vanishingly fragile company with something big enough to haul now and then to keep your Customers happy.

Make sure in your search for information you duplicate the same for Delaware. KEEP IN MIND...

WHATEVCR Tag is in that Vehicle. That is your home domicile for that truck and company tied to it.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2018
    Reason for edit: Edited for clarity.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.