DOT makin' up their own rules lol

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by Timin770, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Timin770

Timin770 Road Train Member

May 27, 2011
    Canton, GA
    I did an overnight Carolinas hop for a company I used to work for. A guy had called in sick or something.

GA DOT was looking through my paperwork at the scale house and told me I need an elog. I explained to him I never drive more than a couple days a month so I'm elog exempt and heres my paper log. He told me I need to mount an elog unit for "the next guy". Glad he wasnt a mind reader because I was thinking 'I dont have to mount ch!t, homie'.

Hope he didnt see me roll my eyes

KB3MMX, Number9, Bank_Lbr and 2 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bakerman

Bakerman Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    Got pulled in coming home about a month ago at the AZ/CA State line. Told the officer I'm out less than 8 days a month and showed him my paper logs-didn't seem to be an issue.

Timin770 Thanks this.
  4. Timin770

May 27, 2011
    Canton, GA
    Yeah this guy knew he was wrong. He simply didnt think before making that statement.

I actually thanked both officers as I left. It has become quite fashionable to bash law enforcement these days so I always let them know they are appreciated.

****I think I know the scale house you are talking about. When you go in you move right to left down the counter and the restrooms are on the left side of the counter. I brought my paperwork inside and the guy never once made eye contact. Cold atmosphere, man lol. This was 8 or 9 years ago

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
    KB3MMX, Bank_Lbr and Bakerman Thank this.
  5. Tolmie

Tolmie Medium Load Member

Dec 22, 2017
    I thought that weight station in AZ border is closed for few months.

Bakerman Thanks this.
  6. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    It's open on and off. They are making it a super coup. It was closed for a good while, nut it's been open the last few times I've gone by.

KB3MMX and Tolmie Thank this.
  7. Bakerman

Bakerman Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    It’s still under construction but is open sporadically.

Dave_in_AZ and Tolmie Thank this.
  8. Timin770

May 27, 2011
    Canton, GA
    After thinking for a while I'm sure I need to keep my paper logs squeaky clean because these two officers acted like they really don't like hearing the word 'exempt'. I always took pride in keeping my book clean so if I drive again it shouldnt be a problem

Bank_Lbr Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.