Dot numbers

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Ridlingdj, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Ridlingdj

Ridlingdj Medium Load Member

Dec 12, 2018
    Hey if I was to apply for a new dot numbers how would I show that the truck has been running under my authority to prove to companies that I'm not a new guy and I have been running for awhile now I am looking at going my own way from a company that I have been co owner of but me and the other owner are not seeing eye to eye anymore

2. Wespipes

Wespipes Medium Load Member

Jul 14, 2019
    You cant. New dot numbers. New comapny

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  3. fortycalglock

fortycalglock Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Tourist Town, FL
  4. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    They don't care how long you've been a driver, they care how long you have been in business with your own authority. As mentioned above, you can buy somebody else's authority that has been in business for a while, but that's about all you can do.

5. Mike250rs

Mike250rs Medium Load Member

Sep 24, 2019
    Raleigh, NC
    by co owner.. do you mean office type or 2 guys in 1 truck co owner?
    if office type, you should have a customer base established and have direct contacts that you can reach out to to get loads.

6. Ridlingdj

Ridlingdj Medium Load Member

Dec 12, 2018

No I mean a full company that we haul our own products that we produce with multiple trucks but we just ant seeing eye to eye anymore with a family business and i have always handled the trucks along with a few other things and seeing it going down hill so i am looking at pulling my trucks out and starting my own business and not hauling here anymore and go find another contract locally or over the road

• Draft saved Draft deleted