DOT physical questions (hernia exam drug test)

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Southtxhauler420, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Southtxhauler420

Southtxhauler420 Light Load Member

Nov 29, 2016
    Ive already found a few threads about this topic and wanted to share my story to see what y'all think I should do.

I'm going to get my DOT drug test and physical at a place ive gone to already to before. I had a bad experience there and ill tell you why.

Well when I went to get my drug test there was a janitor talking to the man who was going to give me my drug test. This is funny because what she was saying was, "Man im shaking, it's so cold in here". Keep this is mind.

Well this guy was like super drug tester. Had me lift up pants, take off my shoes and do a 360 turn. Lol. And then he gave me the cup and I go into the bathroom. Out of instinct I lock the door behind me and so what im allowed to. Well I think this might have triggered him, Idk but I felt like they were after me after that.

When I came out to give the guy the cup of pee he says to me, "Your hands are shaking. Are You sure this is your pee?" Well the janitor was still right there and I look at him and her and say, "Of course its my pee. Its a little cold in here." And smile at him. But in all honesty I was kinda pissed off hed say that.

Thennn I go to wait in the room to get my physical and not even 10 seconds go by before the Dr comes in. Im pretty sure the nurse told him i was trying to swap or something. And the doctor makes me drop my pants and his words were, " below my knees." And then the doctor goes BEHIND me and does a reach around to grab my testicals and make me cough. WTF.

In my 10 years holding a CDL and 15+ dot physicals ive never once had anyone touch my testicals. Usually what they'll do is have me lay flat on the table and press on my pelvis area and make me cough. And when I was a child and they did give me a hernia exam the old fashion way they were ALWAYS in front of me.

Im pretty sure this guy was just looking for contraband of swapping my piss test from whatever the nurse told him. But I felt extremely awkward and feel like i shouldn't of had to go threw that bc they had false suspensions. Needless to say he passed me with a 2 year card.

Well here's why I'm worried now.

Well my medical card expired 3 weeks ago and I thought i was going to have to pay to get my own medical card. So i did a google search for places in my area and this same place came up in my search. So I rubbed my hands together thinking this would be the best time to give this place a 1 star review. Well thats exactly what i did. I wrote a review describing my experience pretty much like i did here and gave them 2 stars , " because i passed". And that was less than 3 weeks ago.

So now I got accepted at a job and they say, "oh we'll pay for your medical exam but I just have to make sure its a place that's in our system." Im like F yeah pay for that sheet. And to my horror its the same place I just got done leaving my review for.
    Now this place was like almost 5 stars so my 2 star review most definitely stuck out and not to mention i was basically accusing the doctor of accusing me of swapping my piss test and giving me a reach around. And my google name I left the review with is my real name and photo. hahaha

So im kinda thinking F it and just going because i dont have anything to worry about. Couple concerns. After i gave my piss test I saw them check my pee for sugars and whatever they do for the medical part. I read there supposed to do that AFTER the put it into the test tubes and use the left over pee for those test.

But I dont think its that big of a deal because i passed last time and im sure hes been doing that for everyone. But I kinda want to say something bc I know he's doing it wrong and he did accuse me of swapping it. But what I'm really not ok with is the doctor giving me a reach around.

Should I say something or no? Im afraid this pervert will require me a sleep apnea test or something. And i don't want to work up my blood pressure. I'm 5'9 235lbs. Im fat but mostly stocky. And I'm in better shape than i was 2 years ago when I got my first physical. So idk what i should do.

I read a few threads where people have requested not to have a hernia exam because its not required by DOT. As lpng as patient dont have a history and says he has no pain then that should be good enough. Or i was thinking of just flat put telling him the truth, "Hey doctor, after 10 yeats and 15+ dot physicals, your the only one to touch my nuts. And even all the other doctors who did touch my nuts as a kid, your the only one to give me a reach around. Think we can skip this doc?"

So what do you guys think?

Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 062

062 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2013
    If I read this right, you paid to keep the card up to date. If so, then that wasn’t a drug test. They were checking for sugar,blood etc.
    If you go for the pre-employment, then it will be a drug test.

Aamcotrans Thanks this.
  4. Southtxhauler420

Nov 29, 2016
    You read wrong. I got BOTH a drug test AND medical done at the same place 2 years ago. Last company paid for it. Now my new company wants to send me to the same place that they are paying for.

I THOUGHT I would have to pay for a new medical card and was using google to find places in my area and found that place and left a review.

I've had 15+ done. Im not trying to sound rude but I know the difference between a dot physical and drug test.

5. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    Schneider’s drug test guy in Houston makes you drop trousers, raise shirt, grabs your.. junk, turn your head and cough, while a woman behind a curtain writes down what he says.

Then you raise your shirt, or unbutton, and he listens to your breathe.
    And after all that, he refused to by my dinner.o_O:(

6. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    if that was 2 years ago, I doubt they’ll remember you.

jbatmick Thanks this.
  7. Southtxhauler420

Nov 29, 2016
    Haha. So I got it pretty easy then where im at.

8. Southtxhauler420

Nov 29, 2016
    The exam was 2 years ago but my review was less than 3 weeks ago. If its the same doctor im sure he'll remember me or even a new doctor who works there now.

And plus where i live its 90 percent Hispanic so a last name like mine "Curry" sticks out.

9. SmallPackage

SmallPackage Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2019
    Marion Texas
    I’m really surprised they didn’t hold your license hostage and force you to do the apnea test since that’s the huge money maker and the best way to throw total “control” on the working man for them these days. Always been my experience that they treat all cdl physicals like we are prisoners getting “booked” in for the first time no matter how nice and happy you can be they are always grumpy.

Aamcotrans Thanks this.
  10. SmallPackage

Dec 20, 2019
    Marion Texas
    Some companies have you drug tested at card renewal. Mine does. They use this as a random. Very common.

11. SmallPackage

Dec 20, 2019
    Marion Texas
    Seems like they never do since you always have to fill out the same info every freaking time you go in. Even if it’s 3 months later.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.