DOT Physical

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by CJM71392, Feb 19, 2018.

1. CJM71392

CJM71392 Bobtail Member

Feb 19, 2018
    Whoever said anything about doctor shopping? Don't put a label on me and assume right out of the gate, I am on a psych med I no longer wanna take and would rather take all natural vitamins and herbs for my problem but the doctor doesn't recommend it because having people drugged up on psych meds is always the answer when there are other all natural remedies out there.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LGarrison

LGarrison Road Train Member

May 19, 2011
    Sandpoint Idaho
    don't forget the nurse that's incompetent don't know how to take a blood pressure

lovesthedrive Thanks this.
  4. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Then go back to the same Dr. and tell him that. Otherwise it is Dr. shopping even if you don't want to belive it.

Also you really need to test those mind altering drugs (or lack of) for a few months before getting behind the wheel of an 80,000 lb vehicle.

5. radioshark

radioshark Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2012
    No. You submitt the long form to your state DMV

6. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    It would be the state and not the feds. I am trying to look it up but I think they have to report it. I thought it was under 391.47 but that is between you and the carrier. If I get time I'll look further.

7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I am actually trained in taking BP. We had a class specifically to train us deaf people in taking vital signs with a Manual BP device among other things such as CPR etc.

Watch the nurse pump it up. It will rise to a value that's pretty high. If your arm hurts and you lost the pulse below it's a good bet for a starting point.

Needle will fall, wait for and watch it carefully as it falls. As soon it starts pumping that's your top number.

Watch that needle all the way down as it pumps.

WHEN IT QUITS PUMPING, that is your lower number.

All done. Your top and bottom number will be within a few points of whatever the tester on that Manual BP got off you.

That is literally all you need to visually take a BP on yourself while the nurse does all the work. It's a fantastic way to double check her work.

lovesthedrive Thanks this.
  8. radioshark

radioshark Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2012
    This is the offical answer from the FMCSA I don’t anything stopping him from getting a 2nd opinion.
    Does the FHWA issue formal medical decisions as to the physical qualifications of drivers on an individual basis?

Guidance: No, except upon request for resolution of a conflict of medical evaluations

lovesthedrive, x1Heavy and 06driver Thank this.
  9. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    Wait until you get some one whom closes their eyes to listen for the heart beat. Then find out they are hard of hearing. That the reason your blood pressure is so high was becuase the nurse couldnt hear your heart beat with the stethoscope. Sigh

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  10. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    Unless the test is completed there is nothing to submit.

11. IndianaF150

IndianaF150 Medium Load Member

Apr 27, 2014
    Federal?

That’s new to me. It goes to the state.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.