dot

Discussion in 'Prime' started by kluiy4, Jan 24, 2008.

1. kluiy4

kluiy4 Bobtail Member

Jan 8, 2008
    lancaster,ca
    anyone no what the dot physical consits of. is there a hearing test.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    You can go to the fmcsa website and look up section 391.43 and get the details on the entire exam.

4. Cybergal

Cybergal Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Vision, blood pressure, check your joints for arthritis, hernia check, brief medical history, drug test, Basically can you hear test.

Each doctor is different, but the DOT has certain guidelines that must be followed.

5. Semi-Retired

Semi-Retired Light Load Member

Hey Cybergal. Can you help me to find a way to recruit trustworthy drivers to transport rescue dogs from one spot to the next? I do work for the Boston Terrier rescue in Knoxville and we need help all of the time to make sure that we get these poor guys a good home. You have been on here for quite a while and I thought it would be worth asking. As you know, even one of us can make a difference. Hope you get this. Ill check back or PM you when I can get to 50. Im getting closer...lol...

6. Buddhas-lil-Bro

Buddhas-lil-Bro Bobtail Member

Nov 7, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    Ez I have been following some of your post, they have been very helpful in many ways! Thanks for the honesty! I have a Boston myself and my family owns 4 others great dogs! I just wish Prime and Star out of Nashville would allow pets so i could bring a co pilot, oh well be safe out there!

7. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    Here's the form .
    http://74.125.45.104/search?q=cache...df+dot+physical+form&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us
    The hearing test varies with the doctor . Some just figure if you hear what they say during the exam you're o.k. . The last one I had the nurse stood behind me and whispered numbers . Some use those machines . I hate them because my hearing has been damaged by working around loud machinery . I have a constant ringing in my ears . That causes a real problem hearing the tones in those machines .

8. Switchin Lanes

Switchin Lanes Bobtail Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Alexandria,VA
    I went to orientation the 26th of January and was sent home the 27th due to high blood pressure. Im only 24 and never thought I had that problem... When they first took my pressure it was 148/70 and Prime wants 140/90 so the doctor tells me im too high. Prime allows you to take your pressure again at the end of that day and if it doesnt go down the next morning they take you to a medical facility to have it checked(i think most companies do that). Well to make a long story short mine never went down and I was told I had to wait thirty days to come back and within the thirty days I had to have three readings taken no less than 7 days apart, and they of course had to be 140/90 or lower. I was very disappointed in my self... Sent home with no job in this cursed economy,however I have no one to blame but myself. I have taken the required readings and will be attending another orientation. I have also been monitoring my pressure on a daily basis and it seems to be very close to normal(I think anxiety made it high when I was at orientation).Please fellow truckers, if you dont check your blood pressure regularly do it for yourself and your profession(they say its a silent killer), I would hate to see what happened to me happen to anybody else. All of this could have easily been avoided..... BE SAFE AND GOD BLESS

9. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    Go to the link in my post #6 just before yours and read what it says about blood pressure . There is no reason you couldn't have been given a 1 year certificate . See a doctor and get a prescription for BP meds . That will keep it below 140/90. You will have to have a physical every year . It is possible Prime doesn't want people that need physicals every year instead of every 2 years .

10. Switchin Lanes

Switchin Lanes Bobtail Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Alexandria,VA
    I read the link and according to it they should have given me a one year certification..... I went to the doctor and he gave me a 7 day "trial" of bp meds. One thing I have noticed is that when I go to the doctor and have it checked its always slightly elevated but when I go on my own and check it myself its normal!! Im so worried about going to orientation a second time and not passing from anxiety, but who can relax while taking a blood pressure reading when they know if they dont pass there will still be plenty of bills and mouths to feed. I guess the key here is to relax! I have been sitting at home doing plenty of relaxing and im ready to get back to work.

11. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    It's just company policy on the top end of the blood pressure scale. I take a BP med, am required to do a one-year physical, and drive for Prime. The difference is, my BP was much lower at orientation.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.