Double Booked IAA Smash car

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by StrokerTSi, Mar 23, 2018.

1. StrokerTSi

StrokerTSi Medium Load Member

Aug 28, 2016
    This is the first time I've ever occurred this, never even heard of this happening.
    I scheduled a pick from the Seattle IAA and they have multiple yards over 30 miles away, so stop at main office get release paper then truck to the satellite yard and wait in line til my turn and they come back and tell the vehicle isn't there.

How does the office just print another release paper? Would really love to bill this dipshat broker for wasting my time and bugging if I had picked it up yet.

Anyone had this happen to them at an IAA or Copart?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Hulld

Hulld Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Upstate NY
    I never had that happen before but if you have a buyer number they will literally give you the car with no other authorization.
    You could literally go in there with a buyer number from a load you hauled from a month ago and give it to them this week and if the buyer happened to have bought a car this week they will give you his car with no further authorization.

KANSAS TRANSIT and rolls canardly Thank this.
  4. rolls canardly

rolls canardly Road Train Member

Feb 7, 2009
    mt. pocono. pa.
    Scary but true, that's all I take to COPART, along with a release letter from him just in case.

Hulld and KANSAS TRANSIT Thank this.
  5. Hulld

Hulld Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Upstate NY
    Yes
    I have literally gone in with no paper work with a buyer # that someone has texted me and picked up the car and left.

6. USMC '74-'78 Semper Fi

USMC '74-'78 Semper Fi Light Load Member

Nov 13, 2013
    Mount Union, PA
    Oh yea, done the same thing several times. Buyer number and you are good to go at copart...

Hulld Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.