Dr Gregor explains the truth about food and how u should try to eat on the road

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by mikeposttown, May 4, 2019.

1. mikeposttown

mikeposttown Light Load Member

Apr 17, 2019

This is super life changing information about how you should eat if you want to have good health.

The perfect meal should be half non strach vegetables like broccoli, spinach, peas, carrots and, 1/4 beans for protein, 1/4 whole grain carbs like brown rice, 100% whole grain breads, etc.. btw.. oh and a few small pieces of fruit like a couple strawberries.

Also eating this way is the only way you can eat and feel full and satisfied without gaining tons of weights, have diabeties and a million other problems.

If you watch this lecture you will know way more about food and nutrition than the average doctor.

NEVER TRUST YOUR average DOCTOR ABOUT HOW TO EAT ..99% OF THEM NEVER HAD A COURSE ON NUTRITION IN THEIR ENTIRE LIVES BTW.

I know alot about this btw.. take my word.

Also to eat properly you will have to plan in advance and use a cooler or refrigerated and the reason most of you wont do it is because it wont taste as good.. as high fat food items .

but hey at least i tried to help you , btw a person that eats like this has an immune system thats 8 times stronger than average american because these foods make strong microbiome in your stomach gut. the other foods don't. .. so thats a huge deal too.

Animal protein is not healthy and has many issues attatched to the protein particle such as Heme iron, raises IGF 1 levels etc.. also average american is eating way too much protein and this causes health problems.. you should only eat about 50 to 60 grams a day or protein.. not 150 grams a day like most people are doing!!

https://www.forksoverknives.com/animalproteindangers/#gs.9qf30n for more info on this btw.

I love to eat a steak as much as the next guy though.. but this is the truth if you study the real science on things..

Last edited: May 4, 2019
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
    BS. eat beef, chicken and pork .

stwik, 1951 ford, D.Tibbitt and 4 others Thank this.
  4. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    Balance and moderation plus having a variety of foods.

Nothing new and revolutionary here.
    Just a variation of a theme.

Intothesunset and HoneyBadger67 Thank this.
  5. Linte_Loco

Linte_Loco Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2011
    LA (lower Alabama)
    Most people know what to do. It’s difficult to put into practice in the real world.

It can be done, but it’s not easy

Intothesunset and skellr Thank this.
  6. mikeposttown

Apr 17, 2019
    Thats kind of like saying that a a semi truck like to have regular gasoline in its tank sometimes....

7. Lilj

Lilj Medium Load Member

Nov 9, 2016
    I love hamburgers, very healthy:)

mhyn Thanks this.
  8. mikeposttown

Apr 17, 2019
    i love them too but the human body kind of hates them.. too much sat fat, salt, protein that has many problems with it, no fiber in the bun unless using 100% whole grain buns, etc

Intothesunset and Old Hullabaloo Thank this.
  9. mikeposttown

Apr 17, 2019
    really its not too hard.. plan ahead and bring foods that are healthy in your truck using a cooler .. but yeh.. when out on the road sure is temping to pull over at hit the bad food places.. i try to hit taco bell and get bean burritos are subway and at least get the whole grain sub bun with tons of spinach and other veggies in it.

Old Hullabaloo Thanks this.
  10. mikeposttown

Apr 17, 2019
    yeh i guess not super easy.. takes planning ahead and bringing good foods with u in the truck because all the places around the truck stops will def not be healthy.. like i said try to at least get bean burritos or subway with tons of veggies an whole grain buns at the very least

Intothesunset Thanks this.
  11. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    60g of protein per day, you say?
    60g x 4 calories = 240 calories.
    If the average person should eat about 2000-2500 per day, that's very heavy on the carbohydrate (4 calories per gram) or fat (9 per g). Carb turns into sugar, but is also necessary as fuel for your body, the problem is when it goes unused. Eat too much fat your body doesn't like that either. Balance is the key. I rather be heavier on the protein, medium to low on carb side, just enough to keep me from going crazy, and easy on fat. I still believe cutting out refined sugar in its entirety is the real key that would benefit the most people the most amount. And once you cut it out after only a week or 2... real food starts tasting good again. Say, an orange or an apple for a snack, rather than a chocolate bar or bag of chips etc.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.