Drive tires: Michelin XDA2 23 AT retread vs. New Chinese

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by BunkerHill, Apr 19, 2012.

1. country29

country29 Medium Load Member

Feb 27, 2010
    Arkansas
    wow, forgot about this post, I really don't remember which model other than they were deep lug pattern that wanli had at that time, and that was 2006-7 I guess when I had it I loved those suckers, they were heavy but you had to work at wearing them out. I got 150k+ out of general steer tires on that thing too, of course I had them balanced with beads and had them flopped at about 60k and put new shocks on once a year also.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. carrkool

carrkool Heavy Load Member

May 10, 2012
    adah, pa
    Personal If I where to start running caps again. I would buy the virgins tires run them out than cap them. You can get the vigins for what a cap cost than cap them 3 times withing 5 years through Michelin.....

4. SmokinCAT

SmokinCAT Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Hillsboro, OH./ Adrian, MI
    The caps I run are no where close in price to a set of new virgins, I can buy two set of cap for what a new set cost.

5. Container Hauler

Container Hauler Light Load Member

May 16, 2012
    Long Beach CA
    Out here in container world they are considered the next best thing after Bridgestone any other Chinese stuff is considered inferior quality....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

6. capljinac

capljinac Bobtail Member

Dec 26, 2008
    kansas city
    Just installed 4 tires on my truck rear axle, my truck was smooth before this new tires, took off shop alliad oil, my truck was shaking like drive on gravel road come back in shop, they check balance and one tire need 27 Oz weight, one tire 18oz and 10 Oz and 9 Oz, they agree to replace only one 27 Oz after they did my truck wasn't much better, as soon I have time I am going to replace with new virgin tires so my advice is Do not buy this junk

7. Cowpie1

Cowpie1 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Kellogg, IA
    I put 4 wide based Michelin XDN2 retread tires on at BauerBuilt in Des Moines last December. Put Counteract beads in all 4. Great tires. As smooth as virgins. Wearing great.

Got ticked off at my usual tire place, Allied Tire in Des Moines. BauerBuilt gave me a better deal and the retread quality is much better.

8. kranky1

kranky1 Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2015
    Ontario, Canada
    Michelin recap patch on the sidewall

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.