Driver Beware TPA Cargo Solutions (Navinix, Unicorn Trucking, Cargo Empire, ShipLuxe, and others!)

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Seussjr, May 18, 2023.

1. Seussjr

Seussjr Bobtail Member

Jul 9, 2021
    Here’s my experience here and exactly what you can expect from TPA Cargo Solutions (Also known as Navinix and Cargo Empire and Unicorn Trucking and others):

1) They will recruit you with $2500-$3500 weekly after you pay all your expenses.

2) Power only loads (you don’t travel with trailer to pickups).

3) OR 90% drop and hook.

1-We all need money but this is a company that preys on you sir/maam. The reality is you don’t get anywhere close to $2500 weekly. They are going off of an $10,000 or $11000 gross to the truck before you take out all of your deductions. You will very rarely exceed $8500 gross weekly. So do the math and please save yourself the expense of driving yourself all the way to their yard to pick up the truck and time spent working for a tiny paycheck that you still have to take your 1099 taxes from. $11,000-$8,500 is a $2,500 from reality. So that $3,500?.. Take $2,500 awayà$1,000. That is your gross check to take your 1099 out of whenever you choose of course.

2-I picked up my first load. Yes that was just a hook. BUT. From then on I only used that trailer. EVERY load. I mean EVERY load was a live load, love unload from there. So NO. You do not do power only loads nor is it 90% drop and hook. This means you are forced to show up to your appointments primarily during normal daylight hours to make your appointment times. You do NOT keep rolling. You do NOT make money.

3-They do one thing which some of you may like. They provide rolling restarts, wipe your 30 minute break or 10 hour break. This could actually mean something to drivers that like to operate more than their 11/14hr dot clock. But it would still serve no purpose to the driver because you are stuck live loading and live unloading EVERY load. So you have to wait for your appointment times regardless.

**It’s also very worth mentioning a few more things. Please, by all means, do read onàThey hold your first paycheck for 3 weeks. They do not provide your pay breakdown or load breakdown showing your itemized deductions. If you decide you want to leave, they hold your paycheck for 40 days. Please read all of their fine print. Please do this people. They claim to work with a variety of freight partners like Amazon, FedEX, etc. This means that you’d never sit and have great paying loads, right? Couldn’t be further from the truth. I never got one of these loads. In fact, I had to sit for 2 days out of a 9 day period because they couldn’t get me a load. I was in Little Rock Arkansas and Baton Rouge LA on those days. Unbelievable. Their loads pay garbage. I was offered a Conway, Arkansas to drive empty to Memphis Tennessee to Dallas Texas for $1,400. Let me break that down. A few hundred miles away from delivery to pickup. Obviously deadhead miles that eat your fuel cost. Then once picked up in Memphis, backtrack towards Arkansas to make your delivery in Texas. You will make negative dollars on that load. This is a statement to the freight they have access to. You will rarely receive a decent high paying load. If you’re a moron that is still considering this company then know their Kenworth trucks are locked by the owner of the truck (TransAM) or BMT out of IL at 65mph. They use Paccar software for the Paccar motor to access the engine control module. There is NO way to bypass this system and bump the speed up. The truck they put you in is absolutely filthy. They do no cleaning from the previous driver. My truck had dip spit on every surface of the truck. Cigarette ashes EVERYWHERE. It stunk like you couldn’t imagine. These people DO NOT CARE about you good sir, madam. Please, I wouldn’t have taken the time to do this unless I could WARN my fellow drivers about these terrible business practices we’re subjected to just because we’re blue collar etc. We deserve the RESPECT.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    They sound cheaper than a $2.00 steak!

4. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018
    I get the OP’s frustration and hope he finds a better company.

but a observation I have made is one post wonders are so enraged that the join the board post the same thing all over the place and go.

just wondering why majority are like that.

5. drivingmissdaisy

drivingmissdaisy Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2019
    The OP joined almost 2 years ago. He didn't join just to post this thread.

But with a name like "Unicorn trucking" I can't imagine that being a good company.

Last edited: May 19, 2023
    Magoo1968 Thanks this.
  6. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018
    I missed that. But all his posts are still about the same thing.

7. Coloradoranchhand

Coloradoranchhand Bobtail Member

Aug 28, 2023
    Everything that was said here is true and to add another point they use a fully equipped truck and when you get there they state to purchase what you need to equip the truck then won't reimburse as stated the dispatching is so far under par you would have better luck driving for a company and making .60 a mile at least then you get paid and communication that is a joke still no response from anyone..it's been 3 days I know body is answering any questions at all total scam

REO6205 Thanks this.
  8. Central_Scrutinizer

Central_Scrutinizer Light Load Member

Aug 30, 2019
  9. freddyxmasshow

freddyxmasshow Bobtail Member

Mar 7, 2024
    DO NOT JOIN TPA CARGO SOLUTIONS OUT OF BROOKFIELD...

I just started with them this year.. in my first week I ran over 3100 miles and my check was $500 after expenses...
    RIP OFF.

And their communication is TRASH.
    They use telegram for you to text message a group of 50+ people and nobody wants to answer when you have questions about loads, pay, home time, etc..

snowlauncher and REO6205 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.