Driver Crushed To Death By Steel Beams

Discussion in 'Other News' started by mjd4277, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. HoneyBadger67

HoneyBadger67 Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2018
    Savannah, TN
    When you're number is called, you're not getting out of it. This is some 'Final Destination' #### here.

3. TankerP

TankerP Road Train Member

Oct 1, 2010
    Holding the steering wheel
    “This appears to be a random, freak accident.” No, no it’s not.

4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    A careful examination of the picture indicates a pink red pool at the left corner tail light of the trailer deck. The very corner bottom is sitting on the pictures pool of what I think is blood.

If that is the case then the body is arleady moved from that spot possibly. They moved too many beams however I can understand how the wood might fail under a bunch of beams being stacked almost as high as the semi. 6400 pound groups at a time. 5 or 7 groups comes out to45000 pounds sitting on two or three overused dunnage boards in between the crappy ones near the bottom.

Maybe slip a foot bump one or grab one on the way down and that would pull that thin stack on top of you no trouble at all.

They would have to scrap the ones with human blood on it you don't want that into a building site ever. Its just not good.

Intothesunset Thanks this.
  5. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    My god, rest in peace driver. That couldve been any of us. Some stories like this just hit home a little to much sometimes.

okiedokie, sevenmph, mtoo and 4 others Thank this.
  6. okiedokie

okiedokie Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2011
    PNWET
    I ain't buying it. Something caused the beams to fall. Improper stacking, dunage required?

sevenmph, Intothesunset and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  7. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    I hate to say the driver may have played a part in the destabilization of the stack... However, we all know what its like backing into the dark hole of a warehouse door, and it can be very hars to see where your trailer is at. Therefore MAYBE the driver accidentally bumped the stack in the process of backing in, then after getting repositioned and finished backing in he had gone to access if any damage had been done, at which time the stack toppled.

Whatever the case, its sad to hear of such a tragic accident. Thoughts and prayers to the drivers friends and family. God's Speed to our Brother of the Highway.

8. TankerP

TankerP Road Train Member

Oct 1, 2010
    Holding the steering wheel
    They said they have a video if it. So if all those those things you described happened they would have immediately made it public to cover their behind. All they said was it was a freak accident which was the best they could do to cover their behind.

NavigatorWife and Intothesunset Thank this.
  9. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Wholly mackerel, that made me.cringe

sevenmph and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  10. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Horrible way to go. Fact is that could easily happen to anyone who works in heavy industries. Its a sobering thought. I mean who expects a pile of steel to just fall over? Probably not something anyone would think of.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.