Driver Damages a Trailer Door - What to Do?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by jfar28139, Feb 19, 2015.

1. RetiredUSN

RetiredUSN Medium Load Member

Jan 9, 2015
    [QUOTE="semi" retired;4469644]Hi Kindle, I always did that too. I had lots of stuff with me ( rope, bungies, wire) to pull the doors as tight against the trailer as it would go, because some docks are a tight fit, and you may only have an inch or 2 to get 'er in there. If it looked that tight with the doors tight against the trailer, I'd GOAL, and if I couldn't make it, I'd ask for another dock. Overhead doors too. When pulling in or out, I'd always make sure the door was all the way up. I've seen drivers take out overhead dock doors, because they didn't check that the door was all the way up.[/QUOTE]

Yup.......Had a door swing on me once after using the installed latch/clasp. Wind gusts caught the door. It almost hit the tractor on the side of me before I caught it. I got out and apologized for 3-4 minutes to the poor driver that I scared. He was really cool about it and even gave me a free bungie. I was all BUNGIE's after that!

"semi" retired Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.