Driver Forgets To Set Brakes At Fuel Island

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by chico9696, Dec 19, 2015.

1. chico9696

chico9696 Medium Load Member

Feb 12, 2009
    USA
    In this video, a truck is on the loose after the driver failed to set his brakes at a fuel island, sending it crashing into parked trucks!
    According to the video description, this incident took place near Allentown, Pennsylvania. The driver allegedly told police that someone had somehow snuck into his truck and released his brakes, but the video seems to tell a different story.

FerrissWheel and albert l Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sdaniel

sdaniel Road Train Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Pelham N.C.
    Who was applying the brakes? Brake lights kept coming on.

Starboyjim Thanks this.
  4. BoostedTeg

BoostedTeg Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Boise ID
  5. Pittstruck

Pittstruck Light Load Member

Apr 2, 2014
    I don't know how this happened but going with what the driver stated I think that gold colored car seemed to have snuck out of the area pretty quick. Bored teens? I hope not but that looks like "the bandit" truck stop on 78 so who knows lol

6. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    Looks like someone climbed into the bunk without forgetting setting the brakes and then realized he was rolling but it was too late.

mountaingote Thanks this.
  7. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    How often does someone climb in release brakes in the fuel Lane?this is the first ive heard of.plain and simple driver forgot to see brake but of course he won't admit that.hate to even think the total cost of the damage .

mountaingote Thanks this.
  8. Bakerman

Bakerman Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    OK, who doesn't lock their truck when they go into the truck stop to pay for fuel?
    I always lock my truck! Just look at some of the people hanging around, both drivers and non-drivers.

Starboyjim, tsavory, albert l and 5 others Thank this.
  9. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    I use to lock trk then after a few times forgetting the keys and locking myself out I guit doing that.I've never had anyone enter my trk except at a rest area a stupid lot lizard did while I was sleeping,i sicked my dog on her lol.

mpow66m Thanks this.
  10. JC1971

JC1971 Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2013
    L.A.
    Exactly. Perfect opportunity for someone to grab an expensive GPS off the dashboard in about five seconds.

White_Knuckle_Newbie and Bakerman Thank this.
  11. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    This type of thing happened at a truck stop.Celedon was parked his trk his another trk smashed it but good.Celeron was nowhere to be found.truck stop paged him but he was with a friend that picked him up according to the company because I called them..but his trk rollled backwords.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.