Driver Killed in Truck Rollover

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by Big Don, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    I don't believe I've ever seen a side dump that didn't have a round bottom. Not to say they aren't out there. But it seems to me, the round bottom would make getting all the product out a whole lot easier.
    I've never been hooked to a side dumper.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    Unless drunk. Then a drunk will survive the most horrendous of accidents with only a couple of scratches.

(not saying this driver was) Just a casual observation about drunks

AtticusRoad and x1Heavy Thank this.
  4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I second the drunks.

Ive seen vehicles reduced to small piles in which it is impossible for a human to live. They would just be bleeding out or crushed. But if that human is drunk then... a couple patches and off they go essentially unhurt. over and over and over again.

Keep in mind ive said what I will say about the rollover, im focused on emphasizing that the drunks ive seen survive the worst with very little damage all of my life. One drunk in particular took the life of a friend of mine and he will be missed. The drunk who killed him was unaware of the seriousness of what he has done to someone who absolutely does not deserve such a death at 16. Even today I want to kill him figurateively speaking as the years go by having lived as long as I did here on earth and that friend never did.

Big Don Thanks this.
  5. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    I saw one drunk that was standing with a compound tib/fib fracture. Bleeding like an S O B, but he didn't know it. He was worried about the minor laceration (relatively speaking) of his arm.
    I HATE DRUNKS!

Bean Jr. and lovesthedrive Thank this.
  6. allniter

allniter Medium Load Member

Nov 15, 2008
    I 10 FL exit 70
    IMO it seems like it was a medical issue b/c he 1st drifted off the right side of the hwy & like a pro driver would he eased it back onto the pavement, not jerking the wheel to the left (overcorrecting) as most do. Then he suddenly veered to the left, I'm sure if he had time he could've eased the truck back onto the pavement again.
    At his funeral they will probably say "he died doing what he loved". I hope he did love what he was doing and wasnt forced to drive b/c of monetary reasons.
    RIP fellow old school trucker I'm sure you have many many miles of accident free driving, throw away your funny book & relax in the arms of our Lord.

Bean Jr., Big Don and 7-UP Thank this.
  7. againstthewind

againstthewind Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    maybe he didnt take his 30 min break, i hear it can be very unsafe if you dont lol

8. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    Vehicles are designed to protect the occupants...but the occupants have to be where the engineers expect them to be in order for that to work. In a roll-over, an unrestrained occupant is nothing more than a rag doll, tossed around the cab, or worse, flung violently from the cab. Granted, there is no guarantee that he would've survived had he been strapped in...but his chances would've been greatly improved. It is astonishing sometimes seeing torn up vehicles, thinking "no way did anyone survive that" only to learn that they walked away without serious injury.

Big Don Thanks this.
  9. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    I've seen severed limbs, and even one severed head from folks being thrown out, or partially out of the window, then having the vehicle roll onto them. Not to mention the fatals that I've seen pinned under rolled vehicles.

But since I don't have to deal with that crap anymore, I honestly don't care if you wear a seat belt or not. UNLESS you are either in my vehicle, or you are unable to control your vehicle and hit mine.

I see folks on here every once in a while that claim they never have nor never will wear a seatbelt. Whatever...smh

10. strollinruss

strollinruss Road Train Member

Jun 5, 2012
    Montgomery, TX
    By looking at the pictures in this instance, it doesn't seem it would have mattered. That's what I was saying.

Big Don and lovesthedrive Thank this.
  11. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    I've run West on UT-56 out of Cedar City quite a few times. You'd be surprised how many people are too busy with their cell phones to keep it in their own lane. They must think because they are out in BFE they don't need to pay attention to the road as much.

Not just some 4-wheeler either, always some joker with a horse trailer. :mad:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.