Driver recruiters at Truck stops

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Jmac00, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Jmac00

Jmac00 Bobtail Member

Feb 13, 2021
    Is it typical to be approached by driver recruiters at truck stops, or is it mostly just word of mouth from other drivers. I’m trying to do boots on the ground recruiting and don’t want to offend or waste a drivers time. Add in Covid and it makes a challenge for striking up small talk. Thanks for any advice and or criticism

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
  4. JC1971

JC1971 Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2013
    L.A.
    Never at a truck stop. By other drivers at shippers and receivers trying to get the company recruiting bonus. With the internet and job search apps, why would any company waste time and money trying to recruit at truck stops? The truck stop probably wouldn't want you there, either.

5. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    Agree with the above...

Also, unless your going to talk to me while I'm on the toilet or in the shower you are only going to have about 2 mins to make your spill while you follow me around as I gather what I need.

6. Grumppy

Grumppy Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Dec 11, 2010
    West Monroe, La
    If you make your spill & I accept your offer:
    Next week, you going to wonder why I didn't make my delivery for you on time. I'm probably going to tell you.... "well, there was this recruiter at the truck stop & I took an extra XX minutes to listen to his spill... therefore I was late with my delivery".

This is a prime example of someone trying to do a job in an industry that they have no understanding about.

7. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    If you want to pester truck driver's at the truck stop, get a job with TVC Pro.

8. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    Combination bathroom attendant and recruiter is the Future.

Maybe paid reserved stalls for anyone who will listen to their Spiel and a free mint.

9. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Just a cautionary note...don't do any recruiting on TTR. If you have job openings they can be listed in the Jobs section.

And, for whatever it's worth, approaching drivers in truckstops can get you anything from a quick brush-off to several pages added to your dental records. Probably not a good idea.

alds, Cattleman84 and Jmac00 Thank this.
  10. wichris

wichris Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2011
    I can remember seeing recruiting booth's set up in some truckstops a long time ago.

Northern Nomad, bzinger, p608 and 3 others Thank this.
  11. Jmac00

Jmac00 Bobtail Member

Feb 13, 2021
    I understand not posting recruiting outside the job board. When I was approached by my company, I told them we were better off letting word of mouth spread our “gospel”. As stated here by several others, with the internet and various other avenues, the boots on the ground approach is not ideal. I appreciate the feedback, criticism, and insults.

bzinger and Grumppy Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.