driver solution... July 20, 2009

Discussion in 'PAM' started by kkburr73, Jul 14, 2009.

1. kkburr73

kkburr73 Light Load Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Rochester, NY
    Hi everyone. I am new to this site and have read alot about driver solution and PAM. There is nothing really recent so I would like to start my story and help anyone who has questions on what to expext. I will share my day to day schooling all the way till im on the road on my own.

Pleas feel free to add anything and ask anything you wish. I will be honest and profesional. good or bad...

If anyone else is attending let me know

thanks kkburr73

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ebrec

ebrec Bobtail Member

Jul 15, 2009
    I am starting school july20 in Little Rock. I will be going with PAM

4. kkburr73

Jul 14, 2009
    Rochester, NY
    sweet. Im sure We will run into each other somewhere

5. Vitointn

Vitointn Light Load Member

Jul 12, 2009
    Clarksville, TN
    I was supposed to start at C-1 Little Rock on the 20th as well, but my DA has now put off my "Final Confirmation" for the 3rd time - have to call back tomorrow.

She did offer an "option" to get me in under a different program - but of course it requires money that I don't have to spare at the moment.

So we'll see tomorrow what happens.:biggrin_25510:

6. cowwboy

cowwboy Bobtail Member

Jul 16, 2009
    nashville,tn
    Heading to little rock in an couple of weeks. i know i have to pay to get out there. But does anyone know if I have to pay to get to PAM orientation when i'm done?

7. Bullldawg

Bullldawg Light Load Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Athens, GA
    You sure as heck shouldn't. You also shouldn't have to pay to get to your school either - as much as they charge, should be included lol. I would have PAM pay for it. Or something, know what I mean.

8. kkburr73

Jul 14, 2009
    Rochester, NY
    I know that you are responsible for getting to your hotel and from the hotel to school. I herd that the hotel has a shuttle but arent very reliable. Im not sure about the orientation tho.

I recieved a call today from my driver solution reecruitor and he asked if I would switch from working for Pam to working for USA-truck. I accepted. So I will be working for USA instead.

kkburr73

kkburr73

9. jezter5677

jezter5677 Light Load Member

Jun 11, 2009
    as far as getting to orientation after your schooling is over and you go home, your trainer will pick you up at a location that is near your home and you will ride for 4 to 6 weeks with that trainer. After your 4 to 6 weeks you and your trainer will drive to the Tontitown, Ar home office where you will undergo orientation and upgrade to the first seat position.

10. kkburr73

Jul 14, 2009
    Rochester, NY
    Hi everyone. Its sunday july 19, 2009. I just got done driving 8hrs and im all checked into my hotel. The hallmark in fort wayne. Yup its just like everyone says. Its a crap whole. But I have a bed, frig, microwave and Im getting internet to my laptop. So If I dont die from the smell of this place I should be ok. Class starts tomorow. I will let you know how it goes...

kkburr73

cowwboy Thanks this.
  11. cowwboy

cowwboy Bobtail Member

Jul 16, 2009
    nashville,tn
    thanks for writing. im going through driver solutions in a couple of wks and its great to hear info from someone whos doing it now. keep up with the posts.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.