Driver tries to jack my parking spot...

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by windsmith, Jul 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TRUCK3R M1KE

TRUCK3R M1KE Light Load Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Spokane
    Some guy just took my bathroom stall. I know he saw me standing by the sink, waiting for one to open up. So rude!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Logan76

Logan76 Crusty In Training

Jul 12, 2009
    kittanning, PA
    Why ya'll concern yourselves with how everyone else drives and parks just blows my mind, how bout I just sit at home and you drivers can drive my truck for me and I'll give you a cut of my check....10% sound ok?

I've got a great idea! my God I think I've figured it out, instead of worrying about how everyone else drives all you drivers just drive your own darn trucks.

Parking is first come first serve, if there's an open spot im going to back into it...if your too slow getting there I'm sorry about your luck!

red_eye, Gizmo_Man, hup and 2 others Thank this.
  4. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    People with attitudes like this is why trucking is what it is, and not what it used to be.

jbatmick and lonelyswmtrucker Thank this.
  5. Logan76

Logan76 Crusty In Training

Jul 12, 2009
    kittanning, PA
    Yeah because you know what it used to be like?

I guess I should go around and knock on every truck I see not parked into a legal spot before I back into a spot at the next truck stop huh?

"Hey buddy, I'm sorry to wake you, I see your parked out here along side the cat scale, would you like to have that open spot over there?"

People like you out there video taping other drivers, calling the DOT on other drivers, ######## and whining about losing a parking spot are the reason trucking is the way it is now.

P.S. people like you are also the reason I sleep on ramps and not at truck stops....

last 1, kw9's rock and Gizmo_Man Thank this.
  6. dude6710

dude6710 Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2010
    MN
    How do you know what it use to be? youve only been driving for not even a year?

7. windsmith

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    And I was born yesterday too, right?

So because I've been driving a truck for less than a year, that must mean that I know nothing about the business and its history? I fail to see the connection here. Please explain?

8. red_eye

red_eye Medium Load Member

Dec 30, 2009
    belpre, ohio
    first come first serve.. does not matter how he got there.. you should have this figured out by now.. it is a rat race out here. now 20 years ago..or even 10.. might have been different..but now days.. its cry babies..and super truckers.. 9 to fivers.. sorry if it upsets you.. just saying.lol
    and another thing.. how do all these drivers get so much time to post on here??...lol..

windsmith, Gizmo_Man and DThompsonNGI Thank this.
  9. dude6710

dude6710 Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2010
    MN
    Who the hell works on a holiday?

10. windsmith

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    Ok, so next time I'll Just not say anything and let Mr. Laptop roll his truck into a ball on the side of the interstate, and maybe take out your family's car with it. At least I have the stones to take action instead of just talking. What have YOU done to improve highway safety lately?

11. vinsanity

vinsanity Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2009
    South Florida
    Tell us all about it please, kind sir. I'm coming up on three years and don't know everything yet.

When I pull into a truck stop I don't know what everyone's intentions are. If I saw someone on the grass pulling out I would assume they were leaving. I would take the space and not give it up to some yahoo waving a fuel receipt at me. Sorry.

Logan76, last 1, RickG and 2 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.