Driver tries to jack my parking spot...

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by windsmith, Jul 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elendil

Elendil Heavy Load Member

Mar 27, 2011
    Ottawa, IL
    Both you and I are woefully behind the curve. Obviously we should know everything before the end of year one............

Gizmo_Man Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. NYROADIE

NYROADIE Heavy Load Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Rochester NY
    I hate when that happens, so did ya soak some paper towels and toss em cver the door?:)

Gizmo_Man Thanks this.
  4. skateboardman

skateboardman Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
  5. skateboardman

skateboardman Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    windsmith, you gave up squatters rights when you parked and went in subway. and anyone coming into parking lot would have no idea of your intentions, the parking is not restricted to fueling trucks only. if you keep this up you are going to find yourself with a knot on your head , sitting on your behind in the parking lot.

and i beg to differ, the reason trucking is like it is , is because of people like who think the world owes them something, and feel the need to constantly turn people in, post videos of every move, and criticize every time someone moves or parks their truck.

every one makes a bone headed move from time to time, and everyone makes a mistake now and again ( example your u-turn). what if you had worked for the right company and some joker filmed that bonehead move , sent it in and got you fired????

you have no idea if a driver thats makes a mistake is constantly doing that or its his once in a 5 year mistake, you understand what i am saying.

you need to get a grip, your still a rookie, worry about yourself instead of so much about others.

You are developing AT syndrome, you better get it treated.

you aint even been driving long enough to wear out even one ink pen in a log book and here you are trying to turn folks in etc, get a grip man

Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
  6. dude6710

dude6710 Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2010
    MN
    Call a diesel bear next time. why didnt you yourself not say anything?

Gizmo_Man Thanks this.
  7. seabring

seabring Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2011
    I had a "similar" experience the other day at a truck stop. I had scaled and was coming around to look for a spot, I was going to nose into a spot dead ahead of me just alongside the entrance/exit and go get my scale ticket. A truck came in the entrance and backed straight into the spot. This was the only spot open so I went and parked along side the back edge out of the way , walked in ,got my scale ticket , slid axles , re-weighed then found a (by then available) empty spot to park. Didnt find the need to video it or tell the guy to move as i was heading for it ( i was heading toward the exit so its only safe to assume he thought i was leaving). Thats the sheet fight a truckstop is to get a park sometimes so learn to deal with it, i certainly wouldnt go waving a fuel receipt at them and telling them to move. Wave a receipt and tell me to move ....youre getting told to F#$% OFF !!

Gizmo_Man, last 1, red_eye and 4 others Thank this.
  8. NYROADIE

NYROADIE Heavy Load Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Rochester NY
    Truckstop parking is (like others said) first come first served. Last night I got in about 0200 and found a truck in MY parking space! Whats different in my case? I park in a privite lot and the owner walked me over and pointed out a spot to me and said to park THERE! I didn't kick the other driver out, I did knock and he said he just delivered there (B/S buildings empty) and was finishing his 10 no problem I came back later and moved my truck into "my" space. No fuss , no one's P/Od and most importent some big ### pizzed off driver didn't knock on my head!
    Live and learn son!

Gizmo_Man Thanks this.
  9. Jorihe84

Jorihe84 Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2010
    North Florida
    Amen!!!!!!

MA Driver Thanks this.
  10. tirednaz

tirednaz Heavy Load Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Arizona
    I thought if there was no parking you were to just leave it on the fuel island:biggrin_2556:

11. Jorihe84

Jorihe84 Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2010
    North Florida
    Reserved only for showers

Mountainman444 and red_eye Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.