Driver tries to jack my parking spot...

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by windsmith, Jul 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Busasamurai

Busasamurai Light Load Member

Oct 12, 2010
    Augusta ga
    The one thing that was not mentioned is that he grabbed is CB and asked if anyone was fixing to pull out that would have been the first thing I tried. NOw you mentioned that you parked waiting on a spot and went to subway. Have you ever heard of the saying move your feet loose your seat? If you was that worried about a parking space you would have sit there done some paper work,threw out some trash and waited for a spot.Hate to say it but this is oh so childish. People need to remember that we have to work together in this industry and by the way your going you are going to be very lonely out there broke down somewhere and the only drivers coming by are the ones you have pissed off with your hall way monitoring antics. Have you stopped to think that some of them mistakes might have came on the back of a 11 hour drive through a storm and that the driver might have just found out he lost his pet frog? Best Advice leave the mistakes to the driver and not involve yourself with it until you have drove long enough to live through some of them bone head moves we all have made................

Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
    Superwav and TRKRSHONEY Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kalh7

kalh7 Light Load Member

Mar 28, 2007
    southern illinois
    That 30 minutes you did nothing you could have been down to the flying j 10 miles south in a parking spot. No such thing as staging for a parking spot.

4. Semi Crazy

Semi Crazy Road Train Member

May 13, 2011
    Middle Tennessee
    Who the heck parks in the grass? I'd bury spikes in the grass if I was the manager. Sure wouldn't hurt the tire sales any!

last 1 and red_eye Thank this.
  5. falcon241073

falcon241073 Heavy Load Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Germantown, TN
    So I'm to believe that if your parked in the grass or even circling the lot and I pull in and see a parking spot I'm to not take it? Now if your actively trying to park in the spot no I'm not going to slip in. But if your not at the spot when I get there then tough. I ain't moving unless the manager or police come make me. And in your scenario that ain't going to happen. Id probably fall out of my rig laughing when you waved your receipt at me.

You need to grow up and learn life ain't fair.

Sent from somewhere out there on the road.

TRKRSHONEY and red_eye Thank this.
  6. bubba mark

bubba mark Medium Load Member

Apr 9, 2009
    If I was the other driver one of two things would have happened when you came up to my truck. One I would have started speaking rapid fire spanish to get you to go away. If that didn't work I would have just laughed my ### off at you. I would not have moved out of the parking spot. Grow up and quit being such a baby.

TRKRSHONEY and red_eye Thank this.
  7. rogueunh

rogueunh Road Train Member

Jan 4, 2011
    I was in line at Subway, a LONG line, so I went out to wait in my truck for a while, watch some tv. I go back inside later, and they made me stand in the BACK of the line! The nerve of these people.......

SHC, kw9's rock, j3411 and 4 others Thank this.
  8. SHC

SHC Spoiled Rotten Brat O/O

Feb 26, 2011
    Westville, IN
    I'm still confused why he left the parking spot in the grass???? Sounds like he had a spot just fine right there to me........ I've done much more with less of a spot :p

RickG Thanks this.
  9. sevenmph

sevenmph Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
    Since when did Love's start putting timestamps on fuel receipts again?

MJ1657 and Wiseguywireless Thank this.
  10. Colorato

Colorato Road Train Member

Feb 22, 2011
    SPOT. I call this spot. Just like in kindergarten calling desks.

So I guess now if I pull into a TS and see someone parked in a retarded spot I'm to assume that there just "waiting" for a better spot?

red_eye, SHC and Semi Crazy Thank this.
  11. SGTSmokdU

SGTSmokdU Light Load Member

Jun 5, 2012
    Alabama
    Ummm, sitting here looking at my fuel tickets, I'm not seeing a TIME stamp, but I do see a date.

Can you advise us the next time you're doing some filming, I'd like to show off my driving skills.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

sevenmph Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.