driver

Discussion in 'Gordon' started by oregonbandit, Feb 18, 2007.

1. oregonbandit

oregonbandit Bobtail Member

Feb 18, 2007
    rathdrum,id
    i drive for gordon. i like them . been with them for over 4 years. they are very strict on all safety regs. to me they fit perfect. i have no speeding tickets, no tickets what so ever, they want the best, and i like that, they have a 26 rating for dot. compared to walmart with a 24. and swift with a 96. so there safety record is almost perfect. they intend to keep it that way. they have near to new equipment, in great condition. i drive dedicated canada, and am home every other day and still get 3100-3300 miles a week. keep trucking.:happy2:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jwalker

jwalker Bobtail Member

Mar 4, 2007
    Hey Bandit, I'm thinking of going with GTI in two weeks after I finish school. Can you tell me a little more about them? I've heard the drivers are responsable for the truck wash. Does that mean no reembursment?I'm not concerned about home time. I want to be on the road. Any other info would be appreciated

4. jwalker

jwalker Bobtail Member

Mar 4, 2007
    Thanks for the email oregon bandit. I got my class A yesturday then whent straight over to get my physical and I'm headed for orientation at the Turlock terminal on Monday. By the way, I read a coment about USX trying to buy out GTI. Do any of you out there know if there is any truth to this?

5. oregonbandit

oregonbandit Bobtail Member

Feb 18, 2007
    rathdrum,id
    awesome you r going w/ gordo. im in trk 3323. i believe it must b a rumor about usx trying 2 buy out gti. i never heard of it until you said something. have a gr8t driving week. tlk 2 u soon . THE BANDIT>:biggrin_25520:

6. jwalker

jwalker Bobtail Member

Mar 4, 2007
    Well bandit, I got through my training and one week in my ouwn truck#2735.
    My trainer kept me out for a full month without a break then I had another week on my own and I'm just getting home. My home terminal is Pacific and I'm in the refer division. I really like the company and the people seem to be great. Hope to see you around. Richard

7. jeepkid7998

jeepkid7998 Light Load Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Albany, Oregon
    Hey Jwalker,

I have been pre-hired with GTI and I'm gonna be goin to pacific in a couple months after re-fresher training here in portland. Looks like you just got released solo? How did it all go? Whats the process? What should i expect? SOrry for all the ?'s. IM just a lil excited and wanna know what im getting myself into. I have done tons of research on a dozen company's or so and talked to several GTI drivers and they all say they love the company and i should join.. ANy info from ya would be great. :)

8. jwalker

jwalker Bobtail Member

Mar 4, 2007
    Hey jeepkid, It's good to be able to give some input on my experiences. Well lets see, it all depends on who your trainer will be. Mine was a Dick but we got through it:yes2557:. We staid out for almost four weeks without a brake then I finished orientaion. This was another three days and I got my truck and they worked me for another week till I got home.So it's nice to be home for five days. But I like the road and just might get cabin fever. Anyway, your training schedule will depend on your trainer. I've heard of others that got home weekly. After training your Driver Manager, aka Dispatcher, will want you to work at least two weeks out and two days off. The company seems to be solid and well run and the people are friendly. Good Luck, Jwalker

9. M Lee Rhodes

M Lee Rhodes Bobtail Member

Jun 23, 2007
    Somewhere in America..

How is it going so far walker? I was looking this place over I have my sights set on Oregon so I would like to get on with a company close to OR it would get me one step closer :)

10. jeepkid7998

jeepkid7998 Light Load Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Albany, Oregon
    Hey guys, I got a question. I have graduated trucking school. Been hired on with Gordon Trucking. I have orientation in Pacific Washington on Tue Aug 21st. Next week I go for their company medical exam/physical. How involved is this “exam/physical”? Is it just a normal “turn your head and cough” deal like I'm used to when I re-new my medical card? Or will I leave that place feeling violated and completely un-fulfilled? lol

11. knighton5

knighton5 Heavy Load Member

Nov 19, 2006
    Rose City
    MOST DOT physicals are your basics of turn and cough... Sometimes you have to lift or push weights and possibly walk on a treadmill just to get your heart racing.... You will not be violated, sorry. LOL Good luck with Gordon, Ive heard nothing but good things about them.
    :biggrin_25519:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.