Driverless trucks

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by brandonsupramkv, Nov 17, 2020.

1. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    those teachers ought to watch out, they can be replaced by robots as well, in fact, that's more closer to reality, then self driving trucks.

finish school and get your diploma.

if you want to attend say a business school for your future as a possible owner-operator, take up business management, accounting at the very least.

this should take you to about 20-21 years of age.

THEN go to trucking school, and get your CDL.

THEN wave buh-bye, as you pass your now former teachers in the unemployment line.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dockbumper

Dockbumper Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2020
    That is a fact. I think online education, particularly Charter Schools in the K-12 arena are going to blossom in the next several years. I think lots of parents are sick and tired of the sub par education (Indoctrination) their children are receiving in our "public school system". It is apparent that the public schools are short changing so many young minds these days. When I was in school in the 60's and 70's, our Teachers taught us HOW to think. (Critical thinking). Now days they want to teach children WHAT to think. (Group think) Very dangerous protocol.

4. buddyd157

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    we are seeing it work right now, thanks to covid and at home classes...

no one that has a desk job is safe.

tenure for teachers, that don't even teach, or show up drunk, or drugged out or having sex with students?

it comes down to "what are they teaching the kids IN SCHOOL these days"?

trucking is a trade, like a plumber, electrician, carpenter.

desk jobs like teaching are 1000% replaceable with computerized robots, that can release nerve gas to the unruly student thugs.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  5. Dockbumper

Dockbumper Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2020
    When I was in school, there was no need for robots with nerve gas. We had a Principal with a paddle and a telephone. First you got your ### paddled at school. Then, the Principal used the phone to inform your parents of the situation. Then you were also in trouble with mom and dad. Not that way anymore. Look at society today. Not a pretty picture.

6. buddyd157

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    now a days, there are some people, that actually enjoy getting, "paddled"

or so i heard.

7. Lunatic Fringe

Lunatic Fringe Medium Load Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Captain, we've been overrun! We're pulling back! Over!

G**#### it! Where are you gonna pull back to?!
    They're all over the perimeter!
    You be advised, you will hold in place and you will fight!
    That means you, Lieutenant! Bravo Six out.
    Platoon, 1986

Where were you planning on pulling back to? Cashiers, warehousemen, waiters, teachers, developers, actors, and many more jobs will be automated away at least a DECADE before truck driving. There are many more problems to solve with sending 40 tons of truck down the road than with most jobs. Yeah, we drive trucks, but a good, experienced driver gets that way by consistently using good judgment. That's a lot harder to teach a person or a machine than most skills.

Over the years a number of tech startups have bragged about they're going to whip out driverless trucks any day now. They're sooooo close just another year and another billion in investment and....... Something about the billions of dollars spent on freight every year makes tech entrepreneurs say, "how hard could it be"? Many have gone broke finding out just how hard it is. Like flying cars, painless dentistry or fusion power it's always just x years away. The problem is that over the decades, it's still just x years away and won't be ready anytime soon.

If you want a great start driving trucks see your local recruiter. All branches (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines) have truck driving jobs. The under 21 restriction for interstate doesn't apply to active duty. When you hit 21 you'll have years of experience under your belt and a lifetime of benefits.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  8. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    I would love to see what a robot tarp job looks like

RockinChair Thanks this.
  9. nredfor88

nredfor88 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2019
    USA
    Loves keeps building truck stops with lots of parking and other human amenities. I’m sitting at a new one in IL now with over 200 spaces. It seems they are betting on us being around awhile. Good safe bet.

10. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    I hate to say it but most of the teachers I had were nothing more than glorified babysitters.

The whole education system is outdated. There's no need for 13 years of education when 75% of it is useless crap you'll never need to worry about in the real world.

11. xsetra

xsetra Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2011
    It's not about education. It is a full-time baby sitting service, so dad and mom can work. With both parents working they can buy more goods.
    Keeps the cycle moving.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.