Drivers Legal Plan

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by wcc083, Dec 17, 2009.

1. wcc083

wcc083 Bobtail Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Indiana
    Do you use a Drivers Legal Plan? If so, Who do you use? Who would you recommend? Have you ever had to use their services? How would you rate them?

The Drivers Legal Plans I have reviewed all make some pretty bold claims as to their capabilities.

Thanks for your time.

Attack Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rollover the Original

Rollover the Original Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Springfield,MO
    Yeah right! Pay them how much a month? Why not just put the money in a savings account and when and where you get a ticket you just look up a few lawyers in that town call them get a price including the cost of the ticket and send them the money! Some of those programs have been posted on as to being worthless when they were finally needed!

And do you REALLY believe the BS that a cop won't write a ticket when they see the little decal or baseball cap with their logo on it? ROFLMAO! Unless you're a hard core criminal and NEED a pre paid legal plan I would keep your money in your pocket! Just try to do it legal and don't worry!

mitmaks and wcc083 Thank this.
  4. doubledragon5

doubledragon5 Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2008
    Lewisville TX
    Their a ripoff, I used them for a few months.. Got a couple of tickets, used thier lawyers, and still had to pay the fines..

nofilter, Hamhed, Attack and 1 other person Thank this.
  5. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    I've seen legal help lawyers advertise that say you are not required to be a member. You can use as needed, if you get a ticket.

wcc083 Thanks this.
  6. wcc083

wcc083 Bobtail Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Indiana
    Thanks for your replies. They all seemed to good to be true, but wanted to hear from those who had tried them.

7. Cobra281

Cobra281 Bobtail Member

Jan 13, 2009
    Dallas,Tx
    one thing I have learned is always use an attorney for any kind of infraction. I have been messed over by not allowing a firm to take care of a bs ticket. DO NOT pay the fine have a firm handle it. its very important to keep a perfect record in this industry.

skibum_63 and wcc083 Thank this.
  8. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    That's right but they can't work miracles . They can help if you have a decent MVR but they can't do much if you have several priors .

wcc083 Thanks this.
  9. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    Lets end this banter right now, DRIVE LEGAL, People ! It's not hard to do.

Broke Down 69 Thanks this.
  10. wcc083

wcc083 Bobtail Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Indiana
    Allow Me - First off I started this thread to make some of the less experienced drivers (like myself) on this thread aware of these services that seem to be yet another scam directed toward the trucking industry.

Secondly, No one who has posted has mentioned driving illegal or being a "super trucker", I believe you were the only one who interpreted it as "how can I drive illegal and get away with it", so to speak.

Also, I'm not trying to turn this post in to an array of argumentative BS, just thought this should be cleared up.

11. Canada Dry

Canada Dry Light Load Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Detroit Mi.
    Had to use one once, in Detroit.it was one of the one's advertised in them small trucker's book's at truckstop's that are free.Paid the lawyer fee 200.00-300.00
    The judge dimissed the case, I never said a word to the judge, lawyer did all the talkin.
    I said my prayer's that nite.

sslark, Attack and wcc083 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.