Drivers Please Read

Discussion in 'Melton' started by Melton Truck Lines, Aug 30, 2006.

1. Melton Truck Lines

Melton Truck Lines Bobtail Member

Aug 30, 2006
    Melton does not preplan drivers and the driver will sit. They run minimal miles - just enough for the lease operator to make their payment or in many cases actually keep the driver in debt and in the negative to them. Of all the drivers I have spoken with, not one has had anything good to say about the company. At first, I thought it was just my dispatcher not giving me miles and making me sit, keeping me stressed out, but after speaking with other Melton drivers, I found that they all are being run the same way. Within my orientation, all the drivers, but myself, quit within the first 30 days. Dispatchers refuse to get drivers home, even with six weeks notice of home time. With several years experience driving over the road, I know what it's like to get miles, get paid and get home. I had great experiences driving over the road and I love trucking. I have made excellent money in the past. I believe Melton Truck Lines is manipulating their lease and are manipulating their fuel rebates and miscellaneous charges, and who knows what else and pay their drivers the absolute minimum. Their ads are misleading, drawing drivers into a company that does not deliver as they advertise. Drivers - Beware!

dammyankee and truckin4u3788 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. saw123456

saw123456 Bobtail Member

Jan 21, 2007
    :toothy10: thanks for the heads up. what about their company drivers. how are they treated.

4. devildice

devildice Light Load Member

Nov 29, 2006
    Texas
    I would like to know about their company drivers too.

5. michaelmtc

michaelmtc Bobtail Member

May 17, 2007
    Bloomington, Indiana
    Thanks for the info I was considering to go drive for the company but not now. Big 10-4

6. buck and a half

buck and a half Mr. Miles & Miles with Many Smiles

Aug 11, 2006
    madison,me
    I met a melton driver name of bobby that runs for them,he lives in ok city,ok,I asked him how he was doing there,he said he does fine but is under the old lease deal,not the new one. Don't know all the ifs and do's about the difference of the two deals.

7. wizard6164

wizard6164 Bobtail Member

Jun 21, 2007
    I tryed to get on with them. I took the road test and they gave me a card saying I passed. Then later that day they told me I didnt pass the road test. Sent me home. I told them I wanted too talk to the head man thye would not let me. After I had been home over a week I got a call daying I failed a drug test. That was impossible. Go figure. There was a guy that told me he had smoked a week before he got there. And he passed. Sp what is up with that?

8. wizard6164

wizard6164 Bobtail Member

Jun 21, 2007
    This was after I told them I was going to get a lawyer and sue them.

9. steelerfan77

steelerfan77 Bobtail Member

Jul 27, 2007
    pittsburgh
    ive been a company driver for melton two months now. it start out great! 2800-3000 miles a week, but that didnt last long:( after a couple weeks i started getting shorter hauls and sitting longer. now the last two weeks ive averaged 1600 miles per week. ive talked with other drivers here and most of them say thats how it is at melton. at first i just thought they were slackers who always wanted home, but i see now thats really whats up. the weekends are the worst, you get put on a load friday that delivers on monday usually, sometimes its 1500 miles and sometimes its 500 miles the last 4 weeks in a row its been 500 for me. i'm not a confrontationial person so its my nature to just leave to a different job. plus why should i have to beg for miles? when i was hired i thought they needed me. well this is the second company ive been with, the first was swift and im not even gonna start into that. thinking of looking into heartland express, if that doesnt work, out 3 strikes! im outa here. too many ############ in the industry. could have saved us all time by just being up front.

dammyankee and happypappy25 Thank this.
  10. hkbravo34

hkbravo34 Bobtail Member

Oct 23, 2007
    clarksville, tn
    :biggrin_2553: man i had high hopes for this company after talking on the phone with them for over an hour, still at home thou waiting for the buss ticket to get there, plus i have a few more things to do but anywho, dude, i talked with 5-6 drivers from heartland and all of them was either leaveing very soon or wasnt to happy, plus 63 mph trucks.. boohoo.. well i might try this company out for a few months, i stayed with CRST for a year so there aint much they can do to me. best of luck to yall

11. SnoFox

SnoFox Light Load Member

Jan 2, 2008
    Maine
    i work for melton and love it. Yes u might not get ur 3k+ miles a week but find a company that actually gets u 3k+ EVERY single week, good luck. As far as the drivers quitting out of orientation that happened with my class to. You know why? because all of them had only ever pulled sissy wagons and when they found out how much work flatbed was they were all set with that. I love flatbed and love busting my butt out here. I meet so many box guys that are amazed i do flatbed and i get compliments because they acknowledge that its one of the hardest and dangerous this to do. Flatbed is ranked #3 as the most dangerous jobs, drivers get killed all the time by the loads and stuff. Its dangerous and hard, but flatbedding is all ive ever done and all ill ever do.

As far as melton is concerned its the second flatbed company ive been with and i love them to death. They haven't done me wrong, treat me with respect, get me home when i want to, and get me good miles. Im satisfied with my paycheck and won't be leaving melton anytime soon.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.