Drivers refused service

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by Brucesmith, Feb 4, 2021.

1. Brucesmith

Brucesmith Heavy Load Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Here in Manitoba there has been articles about drivers being refused medical service. Also bathrooms being closed to drivers . This started withe recent change to code red. It was even mentioned in the daily Covid report. The Province is upset and asked businesses and Drs. to cease this practice. I hope to be on the road in a week and would be pissed if some Tim's would not let me use the bathroom. Has anyone here had this problem?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rob100100

Rob100100 Light Load Member

Mar 5, 2016
    No have not had any trouble using facilities. But all restaurants are closed to dining. Best you have is Richer, Deacons Corner, Headingly FJ and Husky. Then Austin coop Subway. Brandon Husky Esso with a Subway and timmies as well as a Mcdonalds that you can park at the side. Virden has an A and W as well as a timmies. That is pretty much it. Canada is brutal for long haul. I am sure I missed some.

4. skipgears

skipgears Medium Load Member

Aug 8, 2020
    BC
    I did long haul over Canada for a bit and all I remember was many many potholes and no place to piss. Just felt like going up into into deep isolated way-up north where all you get is eskomos and cariboo try n' #### eachother. I was once almost killed by an elk, and another time some deer. It was crazy. But then I realized how United States is a civilized nation with rest areas, and plenty truck stops, decent roads, etc. So that was the end of my Canadian affair on ice.

5. Brucesmith

Jun 16, 2012
    Try Northern Ontario for no place to piss. I just use the snow plow turnouts. Saskatchewan is also bad. Who builds rest areas that purposely cannot take trucks. Continuing to Alberta they have some large pull offs with dry rest rooms. Usually no paper. Lights don't work and pee and excrement everywhere. Even an animal would not go inside .

Ol'Shusquatch Thanks this.
  6. magoo68

magoo68 Road Train Member

Jun 11, 2011
    st malo mb canada
    I needed a extension on my medical because they refuse to do trucker medical even though I isolated two friggin weeks . MPI said many truckers have that issue so they give extensions.

7. Prairie Trucker

Prairie Trucker Light Load Member

Jan 27, 2021
    Where are you located? In Winnipeg I'm assuming since you said MPI - try Bison Family Medical on Pembina

magoo68 Thanks this.
  8. Phantom Trucker

Phantom Trucker Medium Load Member

Jan 11, 2016
    Calgary, AB
    Can any doctor sign off? I just got a driver medical done in Calgary. (The place BigHoss referred me to in one of the other threads).

9. Brucesmith

Jun 16, 2012
    Last time I used a walk in clinic in Steinbach. I think you can have any Canadian Dr
    Call mpi and ask.

magoo68 Thanks this.
  10. upnorthwpg

upnorthwpg Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2011
    Your doctor is suppose to have direct knowledge of your personal medical history, I think 2 years. But these days, any doctor I think is acceptable. My doctor did the vision portion as well.

11. '88K100

'88K100 Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2020
    Tims in Dryden only has window service after midnight and washrooms locked up. Petrocan card locks are best option I’m aware of.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.