driving a cmv while the driver’s cdl cancelled

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Express12$, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Express12$

Express12$ Medium Load Member

Mar 11, 2017
    Something strange happens..lol

Be known my cdl is canceled last Friday. The dot don't know what the reason for cancellation was..offcourse I haven't being home for like few month. Dot issued driving without a cmv while the driver’s cdl is cancelled and put me out of service..wth theck is going? Is it worth contesting this ticket? What would be affect if i plea and pay $225 or get a lawyer for about $1200

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Clyde07

Clyde07 Heavy Load Member

May 28, 2013
    Looking for answers on a discussion board would not be my first step.

Grubby, jammer910Z, Bean Jr. and 5 others Thank this.
  4. Express12$

Mar 11, 2017
    Maybe someone else had similar issues..

deathB4decaf Thanks this.
  5. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Well, saying your CDL is cancelled is probably not the case. Your state has "suspended" your CDL for a reason.
    Do you owe back Child Support?
    Have you recently had your DOT physical and not self certified with your state DMV.?
    Have you been involved in an accident and not made the court appearance?
    Have you received a citation and not paid it?
    Your first call on Monday should be to your state DMV as they are the one's who can tell you why your CDL has been suspended. Then if there is something amiss that cannot be fixed by the DMV, then an attorney might help.

6. tinytim

tinytim Road Train Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northern Ontario
    Probably not. I'd think your bigger concern should be getting your license reinstated. They're not going to let you drive until that's been taken care of I assume.

Grubby and Express12$ Thank this.
  7. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    If it’s legit revocation of your cdl then kinda hard to contest that.

HotH2o and Express12$ Thank this.
  8. pmdriver

pmdriver Road Train Member

Nov 14, 2017
    Could be a simple thing like getting a physical and not having the papers filed with the DOT folks fast enough. That truck should not move with you driving until everything is fixed or the hole gets huge quick.

Express12$ Thanks this.
  9. abyliks

abyliks Road Train Member

May 2, 2010
    ludlow MA
    I personally haven't but I have know several (as in more then one) who have been down graded to a class D for not self certifying a new medical card properly or the DMV "never got it" when it was sent, did you get a new one or the old one expired yet?

street beater and Express12$ Thank this.
  10. Express12$

Mar 11, 2017
    I called friends who work for mn dmv / he login about to tell me what the deal is..i find out The reason immigration lol I'm screwed lol.. it has something to do with trump? Seriously though. Normally if Employment Authorization applicant do not receive renewal ead before current ead expire ,notice of action automatically extend validity of ead for 180 days. I did think dmv can miss with license over immigration issue., i forget to give mn DMV update proof of residency . I have immigration paper at home ... i never got any tickets/ or accident . Will see what's up on Monday. Screenshot_20180415-104640.png

11. Express12$

Mar 11, 2017
    They put me out of service.. I'm driving rental down to MN.. this stressful day over here lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.