Driving for Wal Mart....smile 4d camera and Microphone

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by Chewey2, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Chewey2

Chewey2 Light Load Member

Apr 14, 2015
    I have had several e mails on this so let me post what I know so far....
    With a few slaps on the back from NTSB( who want access to our CER's with an eye on using them to rate drivers) and probably some free Caribbean vacations...Wal Mart Transportation has decided to do another test at two DC's to test two camera systems that are activated by a CER. As they have already conducted tests on multiple systems in the last two years, I can only assume they are narrowing it down to two vendors in an attempt to sweat out a better deal from these finalists.
    The first system is a look ahead camera only. The second(and one that gets our SVP excited to the point of soiling himself) has a forward facing camera and a driver facing camera as well as a microphone that will hear everything in the cab. It will record for 10 seconds before the cer and 6 seconds after. Neither system records at the sides of the truck where most accidents happen, interestingly. As I cannot find an incident on the internet where a driver facing cam helped save a company or driver from a bad civil or criminal court decision, I am assuming the driver cam is a driver gotcha. ( if anyone knows of such a decision, please post a link here)
    The test concludes in 6 months and the first ones will be installed shortly afterward. If the test drivers have a little imagination, they probably know what to do to get the driver cam system shot down as being ridiculous but time will tell.
    Anyway, I hope this gets everything out in the open. Any questions, I will answer as best i know...be careful out there:)

foggy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. againstthewind

againstthewind Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    i remember when i got into trucking because i didnt want a boss lookn over my shoulder or telling me when to take my break. lol so much for that

4. Lilj

Lilj Medium Load Member

Nov 9, 2016
    So I guess the camara will watch u undress while u are preparing for your 10 hr break, then watch over u while u sleep, and then watch u get dressed the next morning as u prepare 2 start your driving day.

5. againstthewind

Oct 26, 2012
  6. BUMBACLADWAR

BUMBACLADWAR Road Train Member

Dec 5, 2013
    Geez...isnt this an invasion of privacy? Id have to make 100,000 + a year to put up with all this bs.Then,id probably only do it 2 or 3 years!JMO

7. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    I see why wal mart drivers don't wave anymore ...no thanks wal mart .

8. alghazi

alghazi Road Train Member

Aug 29, 2014
    But but but ... if you aren't doing anything wrong you don't have anything to worry about.

9. CargoWahgo

CargoWahgo Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2012
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Uniforms Cameras & Automatic Trucks.

::pukes::

gross Walmart.

bzinger Thanks this.
  10. thejackal

thejackal Road Train Member

Mar 1, 2014
    detroit mi
    How about investing in devices that actually are safety devices? Like allowing you to take your 10 on their precious property??

11. againstthewind

Oct 26, 2012
    they dont wave because theyr robots. when they said robots will take our jobs i didnt know they meant they were gonna turn humans into robots lol

bzinger Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.