Driving record

Discussion in 'Trucking Jobs' started by BigPappa, Jun 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigPappa

BigPappa Light Load Member

Jan 29, 2007
    Keller, TX
    This is a stupid question but has anyone figured out how to get a violation off their driving record besides time? I believe once it on your record its their for least 3-5 yrs. I was just hoping if there is some highly unlikely possibility to remove a violation from the record so I can at least get a decent CDL job.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kd5drx

kd5drx <strong>Master of Electronic Communications</stron

Nov 28, 2006
    Some where USA
    Once it is on there its there till it drops off usually 3 to 5 years depending on the company. If you are looking for state or federal employment 10 years so good luck to you.

4. BigPappa

BigPappa Light Load Member

Jan 29, 2007
    Keller, TX
    Well, its official. I am out of the trucking business all together. I talked to my recruiter today and told me that it would be practically impossible for me to get a trucking job from a decent company for the next five years. Oh well, when I finally move to FL this weekend I will be surrendering my CDL so that if I do get cited for a ticket I can at least take class to get it removed from my record.

5. Lurchgs

Lurchgs Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2008
    Denver, CO
    are there programs - legal steps - to get the conviction expunged, removed, or whatever?

6. Ohnoo

Ohnoo Light Load Member

Dec 4, 2007
    CA
    You will be a lot better off in the long run to just keep your CDLA. That is unless you know for a fact that you will never use it.
    A. The money and time you already invested into it.
    B. Up coming changes to the "schooling" requirements to get one.
    C. Having to reinvest money and time to regain it.

Think of it this way a few years down the road you get fed up with your job. Or quit or get fired by then your DMV will be cleared up and you can fall back onto driving. If you have it you can jump straight to but if you don't you will likely say these words.. "Wait what do you mean I now have to attend an "accredited" 160 hour course and it cost's 6-7K+?!?!?!?!?"

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.