Drug Test Info here

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by Cybergal, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Georgeg144

Georgeg144 Bobtail Member

Jan 8, 2017

I hope this is a joke....

Badmon Thanks this.
  2. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    No joke; those meth head hookers can't tell the difference.

3. Denmark 1975

Denmark 1975 Bobtail Member

Feb 14, 2018
    Does anyone know if DOT foods does hair test I smoked at a party. Just don't wanna fail for something I could've prevented.

4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    There is no exception. If a drug is prohibited that is that. Dot. Period. End of discussion.

I am a pain patient. As such if I apply to work in the USA even at minimum wage anywhere with a drug test, I will fail same under Opiates. So. I don't work. If I stopped the medicines I'll be too sick to work and need a year to clear it out of my system (Hair etc) And I still don't work.

Employers are FINALLY beginning to cry out for drug free workers. They cannot find enough to pass a basic drug test. That situation will continue to worsen.

If you need that medicine then reevaluate your life. Make changes until you don't need it anymore.

I have a friend who is withdrawing from all of her meds given by the VA and managed to finish the process. She is essentially drug free for the first time in years. Why?> Because she likes a sharp mind for herself. Stumbling through life is no fun. I actually like it when she is sharp too. Not dazed out or not functional.

When I drove before the CDL Laws of about 1991, drinking and driving was not a problem in those days. After the new CDL Laws came on with the addition specifically of pee testing and progression into the so called war on drugs... (Illegal kind...) and now the evolution grotesquely into a war on legit medicine for common pains, health issues etc due to wear and tear of advancing age etc. WHY? Because people have been pushed off drink, pushed off illegal drugs, finally being pushed off legit drugs and finally hunted for diversion, sales, abuse and even taking a few from Grandma's Bathroom Closet as many of our Cabot School kids have been doing these last 5 years.

The more people do things to work around the limitations imposed by Government, the more they turn to natural treatments for pain etc and find that those substances are progressively being banned state by state. Ours just banned several that was legal before last year and a complete bypass of the entire medical world bent on tracking every little medicine prescribed by anyone in real time.

I can go on. But part of me is glad that we have drug free truckers in the system. Part of me also says that there is going to be huge amounts of demand for fresh young clean drivers to replace the increasing numbers of aging drivers unable to pass a drug test.

I have spent 5 hours in the Little Rock VA ER last night taking care of my ex for injuries that are legit and need medical skills to fix. There were new signs posted around the waiting room talking about Narcotics. Essentially a veiled threat saying that all patients whose presents a need for pain medicine will be checked against the Arkansas State Wide Pharmacy Board Drug Prescription Records. (This goes back a life time for as long the system has existed...)

What is not said is that if you are a history of narcotics in your system when you present to a ER for a boo boo with owie... there is a good chance they will hand you a aspirin, pat you on the head and say hang in there we will get you home soon. (And that is all you get.)

Some of you will want to ask me WTF are you talking about.

Consider this thought.

If a Nation like America has turned Enforcer against anyone, everyone and all persons seeking to solve a problem of pain, stress or something else that is messing with life, then we must consider that actually living or existing in such a Prohibition Era Puritan Nation is no fun at all. There are no freedoms. Suicide would become the last resort for many (And is becoming as I speak. I write to declare that in about 3 years or so, everyone in Government will lead a war against Suicide the same way they are crusading against drugged workers....)

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
    lovesthedrive Thanks this.
  5. Toastie

Toastie Bobtail Member

Feb 19, 2018
    Phoenix
    Hello all, just a question;

So I am interested in getting my CDL A and becoming an OTR trucker because I want to leave this pathetic excuse of a life I have lived behind. I have smoked bud but thats about it and have been a month clean. Do I really have to wait a year or more to even consider applying to become a trucker? I've skimmed through threads talking about folicle, blood and urine tests and I have long hair so I assure that something will show up on my test. I am committed to becoming clean but I don't want to be denied nor do I want to cut all my hair off just to pass a test.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  6. Badmon

Badmon Light Load Member

Oct 6, 2014
    Deep south
    You're a threat to humanity as we know it and don't deserve to drive a semi-truck, let alone make any sort of living for yourself at all. You're better off sleeping in the bushes.

In all seriousness I wish I could answer your question I'm not sure whether or not DOT Foods hair tesses hopefully someone here can give you some good information

Just make sure you only consider companies that do not hair follicle test and most importantly, stay clean. I believe that the majority of companies out there do not. Good luck to you

Toastie Thanks this.
  7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Wait a year. It will remain in your hair almost that long.

You DO NOT want a hot drug test in CMV ever.

You showed remorse and want to clean your life up. Start by eliminating the people who smoke around you or bring that stuff into your life. If they bleat it's legal for rec or medical, tell them sorry it's a schedule one drug and it automatically and absolutely Disqualifies you for CMV work.

Remember that tractor trailer is usually within 4 seconds of getting away from you to where you might not be able to fix it and only ride along while it kills a family under your wheels.

crappiejunkie and Toastie Thank this.
  8. misshightech

misshightech Bobtail Member

Mar 6, 2018
    Just wondering is it normal for the test results to take longer than the suggested 48 hours? Since I took my test last week and still waiting for the results. Thanks for the help and have a nice day!

9. Highrollers

Highrollers Bobtail Member

Jun 8, 2018
    We need more intoxicated truckers. Be a rebel

• Draft saved Draft deleted