Drug test question for prescribed medications

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by mclonghorn215, May 4, 2020.

1. Maxiepad

Maxiepad Bobtail Member

Jul 8, 2020
    Don't list with company .list with testing company.Your fine and if your not surrender meds or get doc to sign off

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    No, you do not list drugs with anybody. There is no place on the CCF To list them anyway. Just make sure you keep a list and have all the documentation in case the MRO calls.

Edited::

This is covered by 40.61 (g)

(g) You must instruct the employee not to list medications that he or she is currently taking on the CCF. (The employee may make notes of medications on the back of the employee copy of the form for his or her own convenience, but these notes must not be transmitted to anyone else.)

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
  4. Maxiepad

Maxiepad Bobtail Member

Jul 8, 2020
    If you tell company you take banned meds they cant let you drive.Its also none of there bussiness.Make sure doc approves driveing .And your good. If doc hasn't approved and you wreck your in trouble .

5. Maxiepad

Maxiepad Bobtail Member

Jul 8, 2020
    More bad info .Company only recivives pass or fail .if you have doctor prescribed meds.you pass.You need doctor note to give permission to drive.To testing Company not employer.If you don't have permission to drive.You will need doctor to give a note saying they are prescribed and medication is turned in .Its a loop hole .They are banned from company knowingly letting you drive on meds.But patient Dr confidentiality overrides Fmsca drug test Guidlines.I have 2 buddies who take adderall .and as recently as last month tested positive at labcorp company was notified negative.They still drive .However if your company does in house testing they could make you stop driving or release you .Until you pass .It would not mean a failed test.On dac.Could be pain in the ads.

6. Moose1958

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    You are also putting out bad information in this post just like post 21. Where do I start with that comment? Most of those banned substances are banned regardless! Also, a Doctors note IS NOT ENOUGH with the substances like narcotic pain killers, you MUST also have medical examiners OK if you are driving. NOTHING overrides the rules in 49 CFR part 40 and part 391 when it comes to safety and drug screens.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
  7. Maxiepad

Maxiepad Bobtail Member

Jul 8, 2020

8. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Trucking companies and DOT doctors couldn't care less about a doctor's note.
    A doctors note is a sure way to be fired or not be hired. Doctor's notes are a big red flag, so move on to an applicant that doesn't have that baggage.

9. Maxiepad

Maxiepad Bobtail Member

Jul 8, 2020
    The company is banned from letting you drive if they know.The test comes back negative to company .The testing Company contacts doctor .If doctor says it's prescribed it comes back to company as negative.I promise .I'm 1000 percent right .I thought like you till last month I have 3 lease drivers .2 of which popped dirty.Then followed up with doctor and passed them for adderall.Test went back to mega as negative.I couldn't believe it either This is a mega leasing agent nationwide.Company followed the rules.Now it doctors ### if something happens.
    Fmsca random 16 panel

10. Moose1958

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    where in the heck are you getting this information? A fricking comic book? Your comment is so silly it’s not worth correcting.

11. tarmadilo

tarmadilo Road Train Member

Dec 12, 2018
    I was taking Adderall on prescription and twice passed drug tests after showing the prescription (actually the pill container with the prescription info) to the testers.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.