Drug test

Discussion in 'CRST' started by mkkilla, Nov 1, 2013.

1. mkkilla

mkkilla Bobtail Member

Nov 1, 2013
    What sort of drug test does CRST do? Curious as I was around someone who was smoking marijuana and did a piss test on myself the next day (not for a job or anything, just my own) and failed roughly 3 weeks ago. I know if it is a hair follicle test then I would fail, but I would pass a urine test. I do not personally smoke however, so please hold back any hate -.- I just have a friend who smokes

2. baha

baha Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2013
    ga
    make sure to open all windows when hangn with smokers.

3. mkkilla

mkkilla Bobtail Member

Nov 1, 2013
    Wish I would of done that :(

baha Thanks this.
  4. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    That sounds crazy and untrue. You must have been breathing pretty heavy to get a dirty urine from second hand smoke. Wait a while. If you're really clean, urine is clean in a month, and a hair follicle can go anywhere from a month to a year. Not being mean to you, but you knew you were probably going to have to take a drug test. C'mon man, personal responsibility. Don't be around it and you've got nothing to worry about

nightgunner and Puppage Thank this.
  5. inandoutoftrouble

inandoutoftrouble Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    Wichita KS
    I have never smoked cigarettes in my life. However, many years ago, both in the service and the work place, as well as at many dinner tables, I was in many densely smoke filled areas. I do have some issues with my lungs from a lot of past 2nd. hand smoke. I have been working very hard to clear them out, both nutritionally and physical fitness wise.

I suspect that the same thing can happen to an individual who has been around 2nd. hand marijuana smoke, even though the individual has not smoked any marijuana himself or herself. FORTUNATELY, I was NOT around marijuana smokers. However, I can understand how an individual can get a FALSE POSITIVE.

It is probably very wise for EVERYBODY to have themselves tested for drugs BEFORE filling out any applications for any driving positions whatsoever. This way, one can positively go in CLEAN without any worries. In addition to trucking and other transportation industries, drug testing is very common place in many other industries nationwide.

God bless every American and their families! God bless the U.S.A.!

6. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    If you don't smoke then why do you hang with smokers? Usually birds of feather flock together.

Let's just say you do smoke. You quit and go truck driving. When you do quit you'll find them so called friends will quickly forget about you. It's no different than drinking. I quit drinking over 10 years ago. The drinking buddies magically disappeared. Just sayin, pick your friends wisely. Trucking is safety sensitive and highly regulated. You don't need to be in an environment that will ruin your bread and butter.

We get these questions all the time and none of them end pretty for the poster. Use the search feature above and type in "hair test". You'll find all you need to know.

7. inandoutoftrouble

Sep 20, 2012
    Wichita KS
    First answer to your question is sheer absolute stupidity on my part.

Second answer, which is part of the first answer is that I frequently found myself attracted to women that I had no business being attracted to. In my much younger years, I would gravitate to women who were either doing or were "affiliated" with some very questionable activities. Many of these questionable women were smokers and drinkers, something that I am not.

BY THE GRACE OF GOD, I did NOT get arrested or convicted of any crimes, felonies, or misdemeanors at all. However, as I got older, I got much wiser, MAINLY BECAUSE, my body could NOT take the "physical punishment" meted out to me for being "affiliated" with women who were often "spoken" for by other men.

Unlike Paul Harvey, (who unfortunately passed away), I will keep the "rest of the story" to myself.

8. inandoutoftrouble

Sep 20, 2012
    Wichita KS
    I am currently working VERY HARD to clean up my driving record, acquire and maintain a clean work history, as well as trying to become more physically fit to lose weight, and lower ALL my numbers as blood pressure, sugar levels, cholesterol, triglycerides, etc., WITHOUT having to resort to any medications whatsoever. As mentioned in a previous post, I am also working very hard to "clean" out my lungs.

I hope to eventually go to truck driving school to be able to drive SOLO OTR. I am also working on acquiring the money to pay for the schooling, to AVOID having to pay back any loans whatsoever.

9. markealy

markealy Medium Load Member

Jun 20, 2013
    jauerz mx
    Go to head shop buy some get pee clean and you will be OK pass it this way....I meant the weed

10. mkkilla

mkkilla Bobtail Member

Nov 1, 2013
    It is not crazy or a lie. I figured I would have a drug test, but the CDL thing only came up two days ago. I only learn yesterday that a lot of companies do hair follicle testing which is why I am now a little worried because I am pretty sure it will show up.

• Draft saved Draft deleted