Drug test

Discussion in 'CRST' started by mkkilla, Nov 1, 2013.

1. JayRod

JayRod Light Load Member

Feb 15, 2015
    Los Angeles, CA
    I literally just got off the phone with a recruiter from CRST and they said urine is the only way they do it. I too had an encounter with some weed about a month and a half ago. It's very hard to get employment now without the discrimination of the hair follicle test as well as some of the people on this forum.

Somehow people just don't understand that other people (not as perfect) have a rough life. Some fall to drugs, alcohol, crime until that realization hits you one day as it did me when I fell to all three. Life happens, and some fixing needs to happen too. In no way do people like me use it as an excuse, but some of us realize the values of life a little later than others. But what really counts is that it hits us to begin with. And that we take action on it. Sucks there isn't more companies out there that are more forgiving to people like me, who only dislike what they see on paper and and don't base on the quality of person that's sitting right in front of them.

Granted, a lot of risk is involved... but I think companies now-a-days are only driven by what they see on paper way too much. What ever happened to face to face interaction? seeing the shame in ones face over the past mistakes committed and offering a second chance? Everything is so digital now you don't even know who you're working for anymore. Just sad. Keep hope, people like me! Someone has to see us as more than just a list of past #### ups.

This, coming from a 28yr old new CDL holder and job seeker.

bigtruckin89 and mcnabbtransport Thank this.
  2. Cruser711

Cruser711 Bobtail Member

Jan 15, 2015
    Texas Big Country
    Yeah. If it only was the company it would be different. The government does not look kindly on companies that consider the person beyond the regulation. Cost big $$$$ in fines bro.

3. VeganTrucker

VeganTrucker Medium Load Member

Mar 1, 2015
    Dixie
    You can't piss dirty from second hand weed smoke. I call BS. If you smoke ocasionally, your piss will be clean in a few days or a week depending on how fat you are. If a moderate smoker, 1-2 weeks. If every day, count on a month. If you shave your head and grow it a few months long enough to get a sample after the last time you smoked, you will be fine.

4. VeganTrucker

VeganTrucker Medium Load Member

Mar 1, 2015
    Dixie
    So, because life is rough, you do drugs? Quit passing the buck and evading responsibility. I smoked pot back in the day because I like getting baked and listening to Slayer. You say you're not using it as an excuse but right there in your typing is the excuse. And you don't realize it. That's a bit troubling from a 28 year old driving a rig.

5. Poorboyskid

Poorboyskid Bobtail Member

Sep 10, 2017
    They do a urine test. They have blue stuff in the toilet water and they turn off the hot water in the bathroom.

• Draft saved Draft deleted