Druggie drivers are the cause of shortage

Discussion in 'Other News' started by LoboSolo, Nov 7, 2021.

1. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018
    The least you people can do is be nice.

they aren’t druggies.

They are prescription deficient you animals. Get with the times before google marks the site as fascist.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. The Crossword Trucker

The Crossword Trucker Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015

I think most states have a provision like the following :

If you are not currently working as a commercial driver but would like to keep your CDL, you must submit the below certification. If you select either the “EA” or “EI” box, you will be able to keep your CDL without submitting a current medical card. If/When you return to driving a commercial vehicle and you need to carry a medical card, you must resubmit a DL-11CD, Self-Certification Form, along with a copy of your valid medical card

Pamela1990 Thanks this.
  4. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    The article is nonsense. Claims 72,000 Forced out, and 80,000 short. Caused by rules against younger Drivers also, Lol, Whoever wrote that should be fired for incompetence. What a collection of mis information.

5. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    The average age has been high for many years. I’m finally at that average age. As the last of Us boomers disappear, all industries will be short of workers. 72,000 is a drop in the bucket. There’s almost 4 million Truck Drivers. There’s always been a so called shortage. Truckload Carriers association, and the American (anti) Trucking association are always crying about having to pay a decent wage. Except they call it a Driver shortage. They are a real threat to Safety. Always pushing for new, and younger Drivers. The future average Driver will be an immigrant with a work visa, like Western Europe is already. It’s a matter of time. Already a lot now. Soon as this Covid thing passes, more will be arriving. This is all just drum beating, over and over. Till it becomes widely believed. The result is Drivers wages being hurt. That’s the goal. The only goal they have. It’s pure greed.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2021
  6. Scoot 1971

Scoot 1971 Light Load Member

Nov 22, 2018
    In Texas your medical card must be current or your cdl reverts back to class "c", or regular non commercial license.
    I guess I showed my ignorance of other states regulations.

7. The Crossword Trucker

The Crossword Trucker Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015

Maybe, but maybe not. Thats just some junk I found on the internet
    I know I missed my medical by a few months one year when I was working in another industry. When I went to fix I could not get a straight answer on how long I could go without a current medical , they added it into the system and that was that.
    I was not about to try and talk them into revoking my license so I shut up

8. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
    The 72,000 who failed the drug test is not the problem.
    It's the millions who would like to drive a truck,
    But there not giving up there weed to do it.

Literally hundreds of people over my 25 years
    That wanted to go trucking, have asked me about it.
    It's always the same answer, there not giving up
    There drug of choice for it.
    It ain't that important to them.

Now with states legalizing weed and trucking companies
    Doing hair test, it's almost impossible to get them out here.
    It's only gonna get worse.

Badmon and mjd4277 Thank this.
  9. Short Fuse EOD

Short Fuse EOD Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Midwest
    It is beyond me why people just can’t stay off of drugs?

RockinChair and mjd4277 Thank this.
  10. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    I know right. The people that smoke cigarettes and drink alcohol are the bane of society.

And yes, that was sarcasm.

11. Lazer

Lazer Road Train Member

Jan 22, 2017
    It’s a lot more than just the drug tests.
    Over the decades, being a truck driver as a profession has not kept up with society in the wage earning segment. Yes, we are making more money than years ago, but so are most other professionals.
    As I stated before, years ago when I was a young lad, if your father(or mother) was an OTR driver, you family more than likely had more disposable income than everybody else in your neighborhood, with obvious exemption of the doctor, lawyer, or professor that lived down the street. Nowadays, nearly every family can easily have close to the standard of living that an OTR household has.

Gearjammin' Penguin Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.