Dry van with glad hand by landing gear?

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by iixnullxii, Jul 26, 2021.

1. iixnullxii

iixnullxii Bobtail Member

Jul 11, 2019
    Hello folks,

If this is the wrong section, I apologize.

Let me preface this question by stating that I worked as a regional team driver for 15 months, hauling refer. I then worked for 10 months as a yard jockey, and now for the past month I've been driving as a team with my buddy hauling a dry van from CA-FL and back weekly. I just wanted to add that to say that I've seen my share of trailers.

While working as a yard jockey, I encountered a rather strange thing: an apparently functioning glad hand connection on the landing gear frame, just left of the crank.

I've searched Google? but it's a little obscure, and I haven't had any luck. I figured I would post here, along with a few pictures and see if anyone could help me identify the function of this particular connection.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Big Road Skateboard

Big Road Skateboard Road Train Member

May 2, 2021
    Is there an air line to the back of it?

4. iixnullxii

iixnullxii Bobtail Member

Jul 11, 2019
    I didn't get a look, it was a few months ago now. I can say that it was a 50' split axel, used for Arrowhead water.

5. skallagrime

skallagrime Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana
    Well, at a guess its either an auxilary connection for airing up tires (would have a 1/4 turn valve on the back)

Or its an air operated landing gear.

Could be for air inside trailer i guess instead of a broom?

Im spitballing, dont actually know, but those are thoughts

Brettj3876 Thanks this.
  6. Magoo1968

Magoo1968 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2021
    St Malo mb
    Maybe that glad hand is to hook up the blue line to move split axle into a tighter tandem . This way it can’t be done accidentally.

JoeyJunk Thanks this.
  7. Team818

Team818 Medium Load Member

May 5, 2019
    It could be a drug lord sample testing system. The Drug lord's goons can open that valve and it will blow the snow inside a sample collection container for mr big. Then he sends the bitcoin amount for payment to the drug suppliers. No need to launder the money... its crypto after all. Everyone is getting in on it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.