DS in MO and PAM

Discussion in 'PAM' started by ReV, Apr 13, 2008.

1. ReV

ReV Bobtail Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Ada, OK
    So i've decided to join this forum and post some thoughts and questions about what've i've been reading. Due to a separation, I've decided to pursue a lifelong dream of becoming an OTR driver. In doing so I sent an inquiry to DS and I'm interested in driving for PAM. My only other option was USA Truck. Here's my expectations:

1. School lodging will probably standard at best
    2. As long as I listen and take good notes, the course should be adequate.
    3. Upon graduation my driver trainer may or may not be suitable for me, at which time I can contact someone and request a trainer that I can get along with
    4. Upon completing my training, I can expect to be put into an older unit (not ancient, but but not brand new)
    5. As long as I keep my driving safe, my schedules on time, and my safety up to par, I'll be satisfied with PAM
    6. Although I'll more than likely get the crap loads, eventually once my rep as a driver goes up so will the quality of the loads.
    7. I'm newly single, so I'm not at all worried about being home on time or whatever.
    Now having said all that I have a few questions...

1. The "in cab view" of the trucks, is that fairly accurate? I'm not concerning about the ammenities (tv, laptop) I'm interested in the appearance that was given.
    2. Which is worse, snow or mountainous driving?
    3. After putting in your time as a new driver, what can you actually expect to earn working for a trucking company?
    Thanks for any posts that may arise...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ricobull

ricobull Light Load Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Midwest
    check out the thread started by the real brickman. I'm at school now, it's pretty right on.

4. COLSOHIOOTR

COLSOHIOOTR Bobtail Member

Sep 24, 2008
    COLUMBUS, OHIO
    1. yes, you may have to clean the truck to your desire!
    2. mountain driving with snow.
    3. 40,000 - 60,000 depending on company, your desire to run, years of otr!

5. Pillsbury

Pillsbury Bobtail Member

Oct 5, 2008
    NKC,mo
    Rev please dont get your hopes up on Pam picking you up after school i have been waiting 3 weeks

6. GoalieDon

GoalieDon Bobtail Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Pillsbury -

Did you sign up with PAM through Drivers Solutions? I ask because I am scheduled to attend DS on Oct 20. and join PAM afterwards. Do we not get a truck after the 4-6 week training period or are you still waiting to go out with your trainer?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.