Dsw /hds who are they ?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by red dog, Nov 21, 2008.

1. red dog

red dog Bobtail Member

Oct 11, 2007
    tucson az
    dsw/ hds out of TUCSON what are they about . I went there did my app told they have no trainers ,have to wait 3 weeks .Iam not waiting, cant believe that .what to do?wanted to try a company that was near so if I forgot anything I could run home get it .:biggrin_25510:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CornCob

CornCob Light Load Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Bayville, NJ
  4. jdrentzjr

jdrentzjr Road Train Member

Nov 29, 2007
    All over the USA
    Most companies, except the driver mills, are not hiring drivers till after the holidays, due to a lack of freight. And, they have become more picky about he ones they hire. Good luck!

5. carramrod32

carramrod32 Heavy Load Member

Sep 7, 2008
    Midwest
    Hey reddog DSW is the otr division which is leased on to Swift. HDS is the local division that has offices in tucson and phoenix. Those are the only 2 locations that i'm aware of. HDS is basically a temp to hire type of place that puts a person to work at a certain company either temperarily or temp to hire. I applied with them back in 03 but i found something else before that panned out. I can't really say anything good or bad about these guys but they seemed to be on the up and up when i did deal with them.

6. red dog

red dog Bobtail Member

Oct 11, 2007
    tucson az
    who are they seen them while at a refresher ,didnt get a chance to talk to them ,are they worth talking to Ive called and no ansewer thanks

7. Noel Tijerina

Noel Tijerina Bobtail Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Phoenix Az
    I am starting with DSW on Mon 1st of DEC, they are basically treated as an o/o for swift, and run all 48 or local if you have the expierience 1yr I believe. So far they have been up front with everything and say they are busy.I will let you know in the future how things go,btw you do not answer to swift and are paid by DSW weekly,benifits etc. :biggrin_25525: Be safe out there will update with more info in awhile.

8. silveraero51

silveraero51 Bobtail Member

Jul 11, 2010
    tucson, AZ
    Is there still a connection between HDS and DSW? DSW does not even get a mention on the HDS website and they don't seem to have one of their own?
    Certainly they can't get drivers in a little place like Tucson if they treat them like Swift does?

9. JaneC

JaneC Bobtail Member

Aug 12, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    Yep, there's a connection! HDS and DSW share the same owner; however, they are separate corporations.

HDS provides intrastate truck drivers to Arizona companies on a temporary, temp to hire, and/or permanent basis.

DSW is an OTR O/O fleet leased to Swift Transportation.

Hope that clears everything up!

10. gearjammer1

gearjammer1 Bobtail Member

Apr 28, 2013
    Swift basicly stay away they suck! liers go local Hds or dsw u will b sorry!

11. gearjammer1

gearjammer1 Bobtail Member

Apr 28, 2013
    Anyone has questions u can see what H.d.s. is all about in forums column not a good place for work

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.