Discussion in 'Trucker Legal Advice' started by BigRigGig, Sep 6, 2008.

  1. BigRigGig

    BigRigGig Bobtail Member

    Sep 6, 2008
    Troy Michigan
    what if you have two DUIz but thay are 20 years old one was bougas but I could not afford to fight it thanx
  2. leannamarie

    leannamarie "California Girl"

    Before you get your CDL, try to see about getting them removed off your record. You have more flexibility before you get your CDL. Different states have different rules for removal. We got one removed here in California and it was a very easy process. You might have to hire an attorney, but it will be money well spent.
    BigRigGig and Baack Thank this.
  3. woodstock36

    woodstock36 Medium Load Member

    May 17, 2008
    I would definately look into seeing if they are even on your record? Here in NY it automaticaly falls off after 10 years,but yes a leann mentioned every state is different. Good luck:biggrin_25519:

    American only truck crazy girl, cause nothing else will do!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin_25520:
    BigRigGig Thanks this.
  4. psanderson

    psanderson Road Train Member

    Oct 13, 2008
    Moline, Illinois
    It can only remain on your record for 7-years. An MVR is a document that falls under the FCRA (fair credit reporting act). Documents under the FCRA may only be retained for up to 7-years

    From a retired federal DOT official
  • Draft saved Draft deleted