Eagle Express Lines. A good company

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by sevenmph, Oct 13, 2011.

1. sevenmph

sevenmph Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
    I have been working for them for just a few months, but so far everything has been great. Never cheated out of pay, and never have to fight for it. The only pay issue was an oversight and then I was asked, do you want a comcheck, check by mail, or put on next check? Dispatch treats you like a person not a number, and not a 5 year old. Time off, not an issue.
    I'm sure there will be ups and downs, but for now I am very happy. I guess coming here from a mega carrier made it easy to exceed my expectations. I work ou
    t of the Indy terminal and everyone I've met there has been very supportive, and I thank them. Hopefully this will be a long tenure.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tolson

tolson Light Load Member

Sep 15, 2011
    Ankeny, Iowa
    I worked for them about 3.5 years ago...much has to do with who your supervisor is.
    I will refrain from further comment.

4. Foxxynana

Foxxynana Bobtail Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Hi, my husband just applied two weeks ago from eagle express lines,( passed the background check, passed the roadtest and supposed to get a call about an orientation in chicago last week but never received that call). We just want to know from your experience, how long that hiring process takes place, we are getting nervous and don't wanna call HR all the time, they might think we are pestering them..do they tell you if your not hired or just left you out the dark coz i dont want my husband to wait for something thats never gonna come, we have bills and mouth to feed.. I apologize if i started asking you too much questions, but we would be very grateful for your reply.thanks in advance

5. tolson

tolson Light Load Member

Sep 15, 2011
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Hiring is usually really quick once everything is in order. Call HR and follow up.

what city are you located in?

6. Foxxynana

Foxxynana Bobtail Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Hi there so my husband finally got hired from eagle for almost 2 months of waiting. He had his temporary postal id and awaiting the permanent one in the mail soon, do you have any idea if USPS denies someone with a criminal record.( when he was 18 he stole a freaking cigarette prop to impress his highschool friends, dumb ryt!:biggrin_25522:) he is 28 now so it was 10 years ago and eagle exp knows about it and they still went ahead in hiring him even told him not to worry about it and advised him to be honest with the postal id forms..i'm just worried because we are pregnant, times are hard and his an honest hardworking man.
    We are in Pa btw.

7. sevenmph

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
    Shouldn't be a problem if Eagle said it wouldn't. They know the Post Office pretty well. Is he going to be running out of Pittsburgh, or the Dubois relay? FYI can take a month or so to get permanent badge so don't get nervous on timing.

Foxxynana Thanks this.
  8. Foxxynana

Foxxynana Bobtail Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Thanks again maybe you guys met already if not i hope he will, he is out for dubois relay so far he likes the run had a blown turbo on his first day lol talk about pure luck.lol

9. sevenmph

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
    One of the most important things about the Dubois relay is always be on time. It's a relay, there is another driver depending on you. Obviously, weather and breakdowns can affect the timing, but don't jack around. We had one driver always stopping to get nit picky stuff repaired on trailers to collect maintenance pay. If it passes DOT regulations, roll with it and write up your inspection form. They will catch it. For example, a tire is marginal but it passes the 2/32 of an inch regulation, run the mail. If the mail is late due to no fault of the Post Office, they will write it up as a service failure.
    Mr nit picky driver is no longer employed there.

10. Foxxynana

Foxxynana Bobtail Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Ok thanks for the advice will surely tell my husband about this, he is always in time except when the trailer he had to wait for comes late, he tries to still make it on time. I hope you don't mind if i continue on asking you stuff regarding eagle and driving. Thanks again.

11. sevenmph

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
    No problem. Ask away.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.