Earl Henderson Trucking

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by SurfingTrucker, Sep 24, 2012.

1. SurfingTrucker

SurfingTrucker Light Load Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Hi Everyone.

Just wanted to give the newbies (and those seeking to leave their current carrier) a heads up on this ad I just ran across for Earl Henderson Trucking. The pay is pretty good as a fresh CDL, that's why I posted it. I didn't look into locations/routes, so that is up to you to found out.

Hope it helps!

Strong values, better drivers thats Earl

Now Hiring Company Drivers!

Company drivers are in demand right now, so its a good thing Earl treats its drivers better than the rest. Henderson Trucking takes care of its drivers by offering new equipment, great miles, and consistent freight. We also provide excellent home time, great pay and the opportunity to work for a carrier that puts its drivers first.

Immediate openings for Company Drivers!

Experienced solo drivers are making $1,050 (pay based on experience)
    New Kenworth & Freightliner trucks
    Paid weekly
    Direct deposit available
    Pet policy
    Paid vacation and holidays
    Medical, dental & vision benefits, and 401k plan

At least 1 year of experience as well as a clean work record is required.

Give us a call to see how you can get into one of our new trucks!
    (866) 508-7101 or apply online.

We are also hiring Company Teams, Owner Operators, Owner Operator Teams, and Student Drivers.

Fresh out of CDL school? Our student drivers earn $870 per week starting off! Student drivers also receive raises during their training period.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dptrucker

dptrucker Road Train Member

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    burt it says one year experience.since when does a new cdl holder have a one year experience? lol

4. SurfingTrucker

SurfingTrucker Light Load Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Houston, TX
    It says that for 'experienced' drivers.

N00bies = Fresh out of CDL school? Our student drivers earn $870 per week starting off! Student drivers also receive raises during their training period.

I-80Trucker Thanks this.
  5. I-80Trucker

I-80Trucker Light Load Member

May 5, 2012
    SurfingTrucker : I just got off the Phone with a Recruiter , she said 14.5 cents a mile for the first 4 weeks , .15 cents a mile for the next 4 weeks and 15.5 cents a mile for the last 4 weeks , 12 weeks with a Trainer is what they Require now .:Straight road:

6. Darky

Darky Light Load Member

Oct 12, 2012
    Twentynine Palms, CA
    I plan on starting with them after Thanksgiving. Once you go solo, you get 28cpm with raises every 90 days to 29, 30, 32, and then 34 after your first year. Go over the road or dedicated on a route through Kingman, but the truck stays in Kingman, AZ if you go that route. OTR lets you take the truck home. Trucks are Cascadias with some KW 660s coming in. 12-14 days out with 2 days home although you can adjust and stay out longer and get more time at home. Generally works out to 1 day home per week out.

To take a pet, you pay a $300 non-refundable deposit. Your vacation essentially is that after 1 yr, they give you an extra $500 rather than a set amount of paid time off. All of their trucks have APUs and there is no idle policy. Whatever idling happens on account of driving, happens. At night you shut the truck down and use the APU. I'm looking forward to start training with them.

7. Lilbit

Lilbit Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Let me check my logbook
    I can't believe starting pay is that low these days. Heck, I started at about 32 cpm back in 1999.

8. Darky

Darky Light Load Member

Oct 12, 2012
    Twentynine Palms, CA
    Yeah, that seems to be the standard now. Most of the places I look at are offering 30cpm or less. My placement assistant from the school I went through told me May is offering the highest starting for new drivers that she's seen and they're at 30cpm. I figure that for me, Henderson will work better since I take the rig home rather than parking 2 hrs away and paying gas in my truck.

Lilbit Thanks this.
  9. Lilbit

Lilbit Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Let me check my logbook
    Good luck and keep us posted as to how it goes with them! Always good to know who actually runs a good ship out there these days.

10. Darky

Darky Light Load Member

Oct 12, 2012
    Twentynine Palms, CA
    From talking to a friend he strongly recommended a small company. These guys seem to have good mileage and hometime. The only part I worry at all about is the training. 12 weeks team OTR. So my trainer just might be spending alot of the time I'm driving, asleep. I'll have to wait and see how it works out and report back.

11. Lilbit

Lilbit Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Let me check my logbook
    Small companies are definitely the way to go if you can get in with one.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.