EFS Fuel card and Pilot App

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Alexjesi, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Alexjesi

Alexjesi Bobtail Member

Dec 12, 2018
    hello guys. I have 15 yrs of LTL experience but just came on to OTR. Company gave me an EFS fuel card. My question is how do I input that card into my pilot App. When I put in the card number, it ask me for expiration date which my card does not have. Anybody know how to bypass that so I can input info from my phone instead of standing outside for 30 min in the cold putting in info at the fuel pump? Thanks. Any info will be much appreciated.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    It takes you 30 minutes to turn on a pump?

4. Alexjesi

Alexjesi Bobtail Member

Dec 12, 2018
    You know what I meant. Smh. Get out truck, swipe your EFS card then your rewards card then your DEF option then your tractor number then your pin then your advance option page. And when it’s freezing out, the screen changes slow. There always has to be that smart ### huh. KYS

5. otterinthewater

otterinthewater Road Train Member

May 10, 2018
    Santa Barbara, Ca
    Call customer care. They’re very helpful. Sometimes it takes a while but they helped me many times. I had to call to sync my Efs and pilot card.

I only fuel via the pilot app. Its a nice little $20-30 month I get to use for coffee or whatever.

Also when you reach 1000 gallons you get “shower power”... that’s a free shower per day plus a shower with every nice fill up. I like shower 7 times a week. The app also has some nice daily/weekly specials that you can watch out for. Buy one get one or free something. It’s worth the effort to check it.

Alexjesi Thanks this.
  6. Gentlemanfarmer

Gentlemanfarmer Medium Load Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Greenville, FL
    I use EFS and I don't think the app asked for an expiration date. When you add new card, make sure you are using "Payment". Give the card a nick name like EFS. I have been using the app to turn on the pump since they offer 2x the points. Also make sure you are using the Pro Driverr loyalty card and not the Preferred card.

Alexjesi Thanks this.
  7. Alexjesi

Alexjesi Bobtail Member

Dec 12, 2018
    That’s another reason I want to link it is for the 2x points. I have all that shower power and points, it’s just the million questions we have to answer outside and it’s not cool when it’s 10 degrees outside.

8. Alexjesi

Alexjesi Bobtail Member

Dec 12, 2018
    Appreciate the info. I will call as soon as I can. I just hate having to stand outside when it’s less then 20 degrees and answer the million and one questions. And when it’s cold, the screen takes FOREVER. Thanks for the advice

9. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    You gotta go the part where it says wallet and enter your card number

10. Alexjesi

Alexjesi Bobtail Member

Dec 12, 2018
    Thanks guys. Called EFS and they told me one option was to make up an expiration date and if not, to call pilot. Made up an expiration date and it worked. I’m good until 2025 lol.

bryan21384 Thanks this.
  11. Alexjesi

Alexjesi Bobtail Member

Dec 12, 2018
    I did that but when asked for unit number it asked for exp date. My card doesn’t have that. EFS told me make one up and it worked. I’m good until 2025.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.