ELD DEVICE?

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by JR28262, Mar 9, 2019.

1. JR28262

JR28262 Light Load Member

Oct 25, 2018
    So im leasing on to Landstar.
    Which ELD deviceis better.
    I have to choose from an:
    Omnitracs IVG.
    KeepTrucking.
    So what are differences can i cheat on one vs the other?
    Thanks for your help guys.
    Be safe out there.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    I am a manager with Landstar, your contract will be cancelled on Monday, we don't tolerate log book cheaters

mhyn and Snailexpress Thank this.
  4. Nukem

Nukem Road Train Member

May 11, 2014
    The IVG is slower than dog crap. Locks up for seconds at a time when I'm trying to go from the home screen to logs or messages... Try to certify your day and mine locks for for at least 10 seconds before moving on.

Is that ALL units... I have no clue, but since we all have them in the company trucks, it's safe to assume it's a IVG level problem and not my particular unit. (People I talk to have the same issues)

The only other thing I don't like about it is if you have to use workflow, you have to be ON DUTY to do anything. My old one, I could do my paperwork and set up my next trip while still in the sleeper, so I could knock out my mando 30.... But not now.

PE_T Thanks this.
  5. JR28262

Oct 25, 2018
    Yea i've had the same problem with company omnitracs thats why i ask between the omnitracs and keeptrucking

6. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    Omnitrac IVG is what we use. Yes it may pause for 5 or 10 seconds but atleast it consistently works and does it’s job. There is no cheating it far as I know.

roshea and PE_T Thank this.
  7. JR28262

Oct 25, 2018
    How about moving the truck?
    Cause im currently on the old qualcomm
    And i can move the truck below 20mph for about 3/4 of a mile and still on off/duty.
    How does this one work?

8. Nukem

Nukem Road Train Member

May 11, 2014
    That will depend on what the company wants. I currently can move under 25MPH and go 1.3 miles before it kicks over to drive. But I am also under the old ABORD rules, which is changing sometime this year, so will that change as well... Don't know.

PE_T Thanks this.
  9. JR28262

Oct 25, 2018
    Yeah thats what i was dealing with too the truck i had was a 2016 so under old rules but i am not sure about the new rules. They told me no moving the truck at all. Which sucks cause you have sometimes where you have to move the truck due to customer or poe poe
    "move the truck now"

10. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    Doesn’t matter come December. Everything will trip to the drive line at 5 mph.

PE_T Thanks this.
  11. JR28262

Oct 25, 2018
    Yea thats what Deleted sucks.
    And no one in the FMCSA has ever had trucking experience or know we have to deal with on a daily basis.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2019
    Reason for edit: Profanity
  12. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

He’s right. December of this year everyone will be under the same rule of 5 mph. There are some ways to bypass it, but it can vary from company to company on the setup. For example, carriers can allow their drivers to use “yard move,” which allows you to move the truck on on-duty. One can also use “personal conveyance” (PC), but there may be limits of time or distance. Also, DOT will want a legit answer as to why you used PC after you logged on-duty shipper. It is what it is, unfortunately.

EXTRA:
    In practice, in order to be compliant with the 5 mph rule, your truck cannot move more than 2 or 3 mph. These devices record seconds, so just a little mess up of over 5 mph will mark as driving on the logs. In my truck, I just put it on 1st gear and let off the clutch without accelerating.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
    Reason for edit: More info
    Dieselboss Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.